Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 667 - Mar 27, 2010

I am not going to write too much tonight. I didn't finish packing and loading the car until 5am and then I couldn't get to sleep. I had to get up early today to bring everything over to the new FH and get it all unloaded too. Truthfully, I should finish unpacking everything, but I am just too tired.

Breezy is coming tomorrow to sit with Kevin and I am going to clean the previous room then. I also plan to cook a nice dinner - I so hope Kevin can come and eat with us.

As for Kevin, he was given an anti-nausea medication this morning and it knocked him on his butt. He slept most of the day and he was just drifting off again when I left at midnight. I only got him up long enough to shower this morning and he did take a ride over to the new FH tonight. We were only here 5 minutes though as he was in extreme pain. I honestly think it's a fluid issue and I asked the PA if it could be likened to motion sickness. We are going to discuss using a medication that is used for that and see if it works (that's if the docs ok it). Wouldn't it be wonderful if that fixed everything? Because to be blunt - I am worried sick that he can't even handle a 1/2 mile car ride and our home is like 15 miles away. If it ends up that he can't handle the ride, we will be totally 100% home-bound. He won't be able to go to the grocery store or anywhere.

Oh please...please don't let it be like that...

PS - thanks anonymous for letting me know that stressor was a word. It underlines it in the post telling me it's not and it didn't show up when I checked at an online dictionary. Strange, huh? I was so sure it was so thanks for assuring me that I wasn't cracking up (anymore than usual anyway, lol)

1 comment:

Long-time RN said...

Hope you're right on trying the new med. Or should I say hope the doc agrees and orders it for a trial run. All of this has sure knocked Kevin on his butt.

Good reading of the new apartment! You've got your hands full, Leslie.