Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 658 - Mar 18, 2010

Kevin's kidneys are looking much better since they took him off the anti-inflammatory, but he is back to being in pain often times throughout the day. We will have to figure out an alternate plan for that. They also removed his Nexium and I can say - that one will have to be put back into his diet. He has been nauseous all evening and I would bet he will be vomiting by this time tomorrow.

Kev also had a CT scan yesterday and it appears that the infection is gone, at least enough to remove him from the IV antibiotic and start him on an oral one. Yay! That Vancomycin was rough!

I did take a jaunt out to that apartment complex today and 1) it's just too far away and 2) it's just way too expensive. I know I may not have a choice but to spend a small fortune on an apartment, but it's just got to be closer. If you remember, the last time we went to Breezy's, Kevin couldn't even get out of the car. That was only a 20 minute drive and this apartment was 40 minutes without traffic.

I have to admit that I am starting to really worry about where we are going to go. I have called about 150 or so apartment complexes so far and probably looked at about a thousand floor plans online - no exaggeration.

Oh well, I have a week or so to find something and get it figured out. In passing, I heard someone say that Kevin will be in the hospital at least that long.

4 comments:

It's Something Beautiful said...

I'm glad to hear that Kevin is doing better and that the infection seems to be gone. He has definitely been in my prayers. I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you on my blog. You are so inspiring. You truely are an amazing woman! :)

Anonymous said...

Will pray specifically for the right apartment, for Kevin's pain to be better managed and for peace of mind and heart for you ( and a break now and then ). May He continue to be with you as you walk this most difficult road....God bless,
Janna

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the infection seems to be gone!!! Yeah! :) Now to regulate his meds and find a happy medium. :) I pray that you find a place really soon!
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Leslie, we are all pulling for you and Kevin.

I hope that you can find a place soon, and that Kevin can get better. Glad to hear that the infection seems to be gone.

Praying for you,
Anita