Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 578 - Dec 28, 2009

Things returned to normal today. Kevin had speech and physical therapy and he did really well for both. He even did a full hour of physical therapy which I wasn't sure he would be able to do with this ankle. Truthfully, he has been walking the way he was and he hasn't complained at all of any pain in his ankle for a long time now, but I have still been kinda babying it.

And we have an appt on Thursday because Kevin has been having a lot of pain behind his left eye. I don't know if a piece of the filler that they used to fill in his head might have shifted or if it's just something simple or what. He has this dark spot on his head that started out at about the size of an eraser back when we were still in TX and is now up to the size of a quarter. It's very soft there and it's obvious that there is something wonky going on. I just hope it's something minor. I don't know if either one of us have the energy yet to deal with anything major.

But to get to some happier thoughts, Kevin was so excited to get Christmas cards from everyone this year. I know he enjoyed it last year too, but he is so much more aware this year that I was able to take some photos of him opening and reading the ones that the two classes sent him this year. I hope they somehow see how excited he was to read them - and he looked at every single one! He also got quite a few from others and they are all proudly displayed throughout the kitchen/living room. I can't stress enough how much he loved receiving these. Thanks everyone!





And now I am going to go scrap for a little while. Kevin's still raring to go so it will be a while before I get to bed...

4 comments:

Tracey from Pgh. said...

Great pictures of Kevin reading those cards! Did you know that there was a picture of Breezy hugging Kevin at his ceremony in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this past Sunday? It is such a great picture!!

Anonymous said...

Great to see Kevin so happy...
A.

Lisa D in Cali said...

Oh Leslie...seeing Kevin with the cards made me SO happy. I hope he enjoyed seeing those little faces. I showed my son the photos and he was SO excited to know that Kevin got the cards and liked them!! Thank you for sharing that!

Jessica said...

Aww, those photos are great! I'm so glad he enjoyed them all. I've sent the link to my sister so she can share them with the kids.

That's too bad Kevin is struggling with his diet. It's hard enough with all the things you have to deal with. Maybe he can get into nutrition and counting calories. I remember he liked to have control over the exact number of pills he takes, so maybe the idea of calorie counting or something like that would appeal to him?

I hope the doctor can resolve Kevin's pain behind his eye. I'll be thinking of him tomorrow and praying for him.

Thinking of you all! Take care.