Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 569 - Dec 19, 2009

I still am not feeling quite up to par, but I do feel better than yesterday. Kevin is feeling fine now - thank goodness.

We didn't do much today. We had to go to Lowes and purchase the materials to have a fence put up on one side of the house. They are building a house very close to ours and I just don't want our neighbors to 'be' in our yard. I also don't want them watching Kevin while he is swimming, so we are just going to fence that side in.

My sister met a guy that does handyman work and he gave us an excellent price to install it - less than half of what a fence company wanted to do the same job! He is also going to change those light bulbs that I can't reach and do a few other minor things. One thing is that Kevin has pulled the banister out of the wall going upstairs because he actually 'pulls' himself up the steps instead of walks up them. That is one thing that really needs taken care of.

Other than that, we didn't do much of anything today. I am hoping I feel completely better by tomorrow as the next week will be hectic. Breezy will be coming home on Wednesday and we have lots to do both before and after she gets here. Can't wait to see her though!

3 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Leslie.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you, Leslie. Please take care and I do hope you begin to get some real energy back.

Jessica said...

Hope you're feeling better today!

That's great you found a handyman to do the odd jobs around the house. We need one of those and it's so hard to find a reliable one!

Take care. I'm always thinking of you all even when I don't comment. I haven't really felt up to commenting lately because my beloved cat died unexpectedly and my grandfather was just diagnosed with terminal colon cancer. I like to try to be encouraging to you when I comment but lately, I haven't been able to crawl outside of my own grief long enough to do that. I'm always around though, and I enjoy reading about how Kevin is improving. He is so encouraging to me and a true miracle!