Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 570 - Dec 20, 2009

We didn't leave the house again today and it was so nice. My family came down for dinner (they pretty much always come here because Kevin can 'get away' from everyone by going to his room).

Kevin and I scrapbooked for quite a while tonight. If it's sunny tomorrow, I will take a photo of his layout and post it here. Darn if he didn't pick 3 of my favorite pictures too, lol. I sure wasn't saying anything though because it's always so nice to have him out of his room.

And that's really about it. Somehow I hurt my ankle while at Disney and it has been very swollen since then. At times I can barely walk on it and right now is one of those times. It hurts like the dickens. I hope it feels better tomorrow because we finally go back to therapy. He only has speech though so it won't be too bad.

I can't wait to see what his therapist says about all of his new words. He learned 'soda' last night. If I got them all listed, he is up to 52 words. Hurray!!

And for all you cat lovers out there, I am going to leave you with a photo of Kevin with his cat:

5 comments:

Jan said...

Soda? You're from western PA and you don't say pop? ;)

Jess said...

Awww love the picture with Kev and the kitty. Miss you guys and love you!

Jess

Cathy M said...

Thanks for the kitty photo! Now remember, she is a family member too! Admit it, you are getting attached to the little fur ball.

Hugs...

Angela L. said...

Oh Leslie..... first of all, I have to say that I am SO sorry that this is the 1st time visiting this blog. I'd checked out your creative one before but somehow missed this one..... What an inspiring message that I've been missing...... I am so humbled by you and what you're doing! I am also very humbled by your son, who as a brave soldier served our Nation, is still being a brave soldier fighting his own war caused by his injuries! It's amazing, what you're doing for your loved one. May God truly bestow blessings upon you and your family, may He also carry your son on the road of recovery! {{{HUGS}}}

Long-time RN said...

Bravo on the increasing vocabulary! Hope you find some time to rest, ice and elevate that ankle. Maybe for 10 minutes anyway??

Miss Kitty looks like she's quite at home and a great buddy. Does she have a name yet?