Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 576 - Dec 26, 2009

Phew! Aren't you glad it's all over with?

Obviously, the last few days have been really hectic. For everyone, I assume. We had all our Christmases and Kevin really scored big this year. An organization located in Western PA called me and offered to buy Kevin something that just wasn't in my budget for him for Christmas (they thought we lived in PA and were kinda stunned to learn we were in FL). I asked for a TV because he only had a small one in his bedroom and wow - how excited he was to get a large flat screen! And what a difference it makes in him being able to read the guide. He has been so excited and now I find we are all laying in his bed to watch movies because the living room furniture we have isn't the most comfortable and his bed is the softest I have ever felt. So really - the gift ended up being for both of us, lol.

Today was really a day of rest and relaxation. Kevin and I did nothing, Breezy did a little bit of running. I scrapped for a while tonight and left the kids to do whatever - it was so nice not to have to run up and the down the stairs a hundred times, lol.

I think I am going to try to get to some of the comments tonight as I am really behind.

Ann Lalli - I am so glad you all are in OH for the holidays. When will you be back down in FL? You MUST all come for dinner! We miss you guys!

Jessica - how is your grandpa doing? I hope he is feeling ok. I also am very sorry to hear about your cat. My thoughts are with you!

Jan - I know, we say soda. How strange is that, huh? I have moved so often that I pick up whatever accent from wherever I am at the moment. I still say pop quite often, but Kevin found it too difficult to say and soda came out rather easily so...

Miss Em - I have thought about PTSD quite often throughout the last few months. It's so hard to distinguish the difference between that and TBI as so many of the PTSD symptoms are also TBI symptoms. Did I read that the only difference is that TBI can cause nauseousness and PTSD doesn't? There's something - just one symptom - that sets one apart from the other. Wait - Mary (our wonderful FRC) - was it you that told me about this? I know we have discussed this...

Wife of a Wounded Soldier - I completely hear everything you are saying about how similar our circumstances are. If I am not mistaken - I believe you emailed me a while back and you are the reason I am seriously considering hyperbaric treatments. I am curious if you feel they still have worked? I keep going back and forth on this. (and to Leslie A. - thanks for the info on this treatment too)

I think I am going to end here and spend some time with Breezy. She has to go back to TX tomorrow so I want to help her get packed.

1 comment:

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

Hi,
I am glad you got my e-mail and yes we all see a difference in my husband. He did have a few times during the Holiday festivities that he needed to get away or leave early but for the most part he was present and participating. Everyone commented on how well he is doing. Dr. Harch, that performed the treatments, wrote a book called Oxygen Revolution I am almost done with it and have been thinking of you and Kevin all day. If you read this book it will 100% convince you to take Kevin for the treatments. I would send you this book but Dr. Harch signed it for my husband but I will see if it is on amazon and will send it. I urge you to do this even though you guys will be in LA for 5 weeks with not a lot to do. If you have any questions feel free to email me back.