Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 560 - Dec 10, 2009

Kevin can now cut his own food! Yay!! When we were in Texas, the therapists there made a list of aids that Kevin could utilize to become more independent. We got them in the mail this week and one of the things was a sharp half circle blade that rocks back and forth. It cuts whatever Kevin wants to eat and he does it all by himself. He was so excited when he could cut his meat tonight and it allows me to finally eat hot food! I need to go online and order another one (or two) and keep one in my purse for those times we eat at my parents or at a restaurant.

Other than that, I don't really have anything to say. My family came down for dinner tonight and they brought the baby. Here are a couple of photos of Kevin with the baby again:




He sure loves kids...

And speaking of kids, Jessica - you asked if your sister's class could make cards for Kevin and we would love that! We had quite a few classes do this for Kevin last year and Kevin enjoyed it. He is much more aware this year than last so I think it will be even more fun for him. Tell her 'thanks' in advance!

And now I am going to play Wii for a little while. It's becoming a family event. When everyone's here - we all play (even Kevin). So I gotta practice as my nephew is pretty good, lol.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Yay!!! This post made me smile for lots of reasons. :)

Kevin and the baby are certainly adorable, and it's great that your parents are close enough to stop by and visit often. Such love and support is so needed for recovery, and just to lift everyone's spirits. And also, the steps towards independence will help that too, even simple ones like cutting his own food.

You will be in Florida for Christmas, right? Just curious so that we all know where to send cards and etc. Hope tomorrow is an even better day for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there are aids to help Kevin be more independent. It sounds like he is excited about it too!
It's great that your family is able to spend time with you and hope they are doing good.
The way she looks at Kevin is so sweet. I'm glad they can spend time together.
How's miss Kitty doing lately? Hope things are going smoothly with her. Hopefully you haven't had to get the sprayer out too much. :)
Take care and have a great weekend!
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Kevin with the baby are just wonderful...
So glad to hear you found a suitable knife!
A.

Tracey from Pgh. said...

Kevin looks great and the baby is so adorable!