Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 567 - Dec 17, 2009

Kevin has been in a grumpy mood the bulk of today. He was so angry earlier (and I have no idea why?!) that he went into his room, locked the door and barricaded it with his wheelchair. I had to go around to his french doors to get into his room - luckily I left them unlocked earlier today. I do try to respect his privacy, but only to a point. I tell him he can't abuse my trust, but I don't think he understands what that means.

So anyway, I finally grabbed a few of my scrapbooks and we lay on his bed and just looked through them. A lot of the old photos of him and the rest of us while we were younger made him finally smile and even laugh a few times.

I just wish I knew why he was in such a mood today. Who knows...I guess we've all woken up on the wrong side of the bed and maybe that's just all it was. Tomorrow will tell, I suppose...

3 comments:

Miss Em said...

Hi Leslie,

Maybe its time to talk to one of the people that is handling PTSD. If you can find someone that has had COMBAT experience then that maybe even a better help. Maybe he would even be willing to meet with Kevin and just hang for a while so Kevin can get use to him. Kevin ??may?? try to talk with him more than anyone else. **There is definitely an unspeakable link with Brothers in Arms ..who have been there, done that.. that civilians CAN NOT explain.**[I hope I said that right.]

Unexplainable anger is one of those symptoms and with Kevin unable to "talk" about his feelings then you definitely need to know what to look for ["PTSD's or TBI] and how to go about handling EACH them.

Kevin may NOT realize that PTSD is what he is experiencing because of the TBI.
YOUR job MAY have just become even harder than you or any of us has realize.

BUT I will keep my fingers crossed that it is just Kevin being in a "funk".

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Kris said...

Hi Leslie,

Just stopping by to let you know that as always you guys are in my thoughts and my prayers.

Hope that Kev is in a better mood today.. hey we all have those days, eh? I'm surprised that he doesn't go into a funk more often given what is on his plate to deal with every day. And that goes for you too Leslie. I would say that if it lasts, be concerned..if it doesn't, may just have been a poopy day for him. I'm glad that you got a smile out of him, going through the scrapbooks must have been great fun for you as well. And a time to relax and just hang with him.

And yes...Kevin IS a miracle! I'm so very thankful and blessed to have had the opportunity to "watch" the miracle that is Kevin unfold. He has traveled more miles in the past year than the space shuttle has. He is truly remarkable! And so are you Leslie & Breezy!!

God bless you all. Here's to a great weekend! TGIF!! :)

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Tracey from Pgh. said...

Maybe it was frustration of not being able to handle Disney World?