Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 558 - Dec 8, 2009

Kevin and I finally made it to the movies this afternoon. We went to see "Old Dogs" and we were very disappointed. He wanted to leave 20 minutes into it, but I told him that we had to stay that it would get better. The ending was good, and maybe a few parts in between, but we weren't impressed. (although I did enjoy seeing old photos of John Travolta back when he was Vinnie Barbarino - remember that? Oh that hair...)

Oh and Breezy swears up and down Chris's hand isn't where we think it is, lol. I say photos don't lie though.

I am just going to get to a few more questions because we didn't really do anything else today.

A few of you have suggested Melatonin as a natural sleep supplement. At this point I won't give Kevin anything without the pain management docs input. I will try to remember to mention it to her when we go back in January.

And along those lines - Cathy M, you asked if the docs had ever told us about Kevin's wake/sleep portion of his brain. I didn't know there was such a thing, and I can assure you that we weren't told about anything other than his speech/language center. When Kevin was first injured (while we were at BAMC) I couldn't get the neurosurgeon to look at me, more or less to talk to me. He really didn't tell us anything except that Kevin would never be much of anything, and that was if he woke up.

I am hoping the new neurosurgeon we are planning to go to can give me a little more guidance.

Anne - I would have never known that underguchies was Pittsburghese. That list cracked me up.

Jan - you asked if Kev was a Pittsburgh Penguins fan and the answer is 'no'. He never got into hockey.

Ok - I will get to some more tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The penguins look really cute! My dad's going to be in Pinellas Park for the winter and I told him to take his stepdaughter by to see them, but I Mapquested it, and it would be a 50 minute drive. Oh well. My whole family knows about Kevin and I keep them updated on what's going on. So when you mentioned in your last post that you feel like we're family, I had to smile because that's the way I feel about you and Kevin and Breezy. :)

Speaking of my family, last year my sister had her 7th graders make Christmas cards for Kevin and she'd like to have them do it again. She wanted me to ask you if that would be ok. There would be about 100 of them! I wasn't sure if that was too much since Kevin's not at the hospital anymore to share them.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.