Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 246 - Feb 1, 2009

Way to go, Steelers, huh? I admit that I am not a real football fan, but even I was grinning during that last homerun (haha - gotcha!), touchdown during the last seconds of the game.

Unfortunately, Kevin missed the whole game. We went looking at houses today and by the time we went back to his hospital room - he was exhausted. To be honest, he wasn't feeling real well and he has a slight cough by this evening. I will be keeping an eye on him over the next day or so. But anyway, he turned the tv off right about the time the game started.

We did manage to find a house today. Now we need to check on the financing end. I appreciate all of the advice everyone has given. If things don't work out, I will check on the other options. I also can totally relate to the anger some of you are feeling. It's very frustrating to be told you are going to get help and that you won't end up homeless and then you see that everything that was said was all lies. And it's sad too. People that promised to help us are hiding from us now (won't return phone calls or emails, etc)

Anyway, maybe it will all work out. It would sure be nice to not have to worry about all of this too.

And now I am going to answer some of the comments/questions. First, Gina - thanks for sending that link of Kevin being in the Arizona papers. Here it is for those that don't read the comments to my posts:

The Arizona Republic

And that would be great if you could send at least one copy! We would've never known about this if it weren't for you!

I also want to change my email address for those that want to write to me. It is now going to be lesliekamm@live.com My gmail account is getting a lot of spam lately and I don't have time to weed it all out. Anyone may write to me there, but please don't expect a response. Time is so limited for us.

Mel - thanks so much for getting the clip of the Mike and Mike show! (and thanks for the offer you made recently, but we just can't do that. We appreciate it though!)

Kathye - thank you also for the link of a different clothing company!

Tina D - we were told that the VA doesn't actually give the loan - they just guarantee it. A bank needs to give one first and that's where we are having trouble. I will be double checking this tomorrow though.

Anonymous - you asked if the asymmetry of Kevin's head is resolving and no, it's not. It's just the camera angles and also the camera being more forgiving sometimes.

OK, there are more, but I am days behind and right now - I am beat. I will answer some more tomorrow night.

10 comments:

Jenna said...

Leslie,

For loans, you can always try Pentagon Federal Credit Union or USAA. They are for military members and they may be more "forgiving" for those that don't have credit.

Anonymous said...

There should be no less than 20 government agencies lining up to GIVE you money to take care of your son and buy you a house to do so. Again, you should not have one financial obligation to care for your wounded soldier. We, as Americans, have allowed this to happen. Everyone reading this should contact your congressman and senator and COMPLAIN about how this American hero is being treated (or should I say mistreated).
I already have!

Kris said...

Praying soooo hard that things work out with this house and the financing..fingers, toes, and anything else that cross are crossed hoping against hope. Gosh to have just one incredible weight lifted off of your shoulders!

Also praying that Kev is feeling better today and isn't getting sick. Poor kid!

There are thoughts, prayers, support and loads of angel hugs always coming your way, each and every day.

Anonymous said...

btw, i was glad to read that you're using your drive-on rag. you and breezy are good herd ladies.

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie,
I am glad you will check on the VA again...let me know if I can help in any way!!!
Good Luck!!!
Tina dwyer

Anonymous said...

Hi. This comment might show up twice because the first time I tried it didn't show up. Anyway, I'm sorry you didn't get the house you wanted & I hope that just means that there is something better out there for you. I wanted to tell you that if you were trying to contact retired Command Sgt Major Stephen Kammerdiener that he lives on a small farm where he moved when he retired & was hit hard with the ice storm last week. It will be weeks before he has power. Every tree on his property is down including on vehicles and his house. Just wanted you to understand why you can't reach him if you tried. I wish you all the best & hope everything works out well. I keep you in my prayers always.

Linda from Ford City (Stephen's sister)

Gina said...

Leslie,

My sister (who works at the AZ Republic) was able to get 6 more copies of it for you. I'll get all 7 mailed off to you by the end of the week.

Hope the financing is working itself out...

Long-time RN said...

Hope Kevin is feeling ok today.

Sure hope a solution is found for funding.

Many good thoughts and prayers lifted for your family.

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's a shame Kevin missed the big game. At least his team won, he and Breezy must be psyched about that! I hope he's feeling better today and I'm praying that he was just tired, nothing more.

What a disappointment that people aren't following through on their promises regarding the house. I'll keep praying that God will provide a way for Kevin to have the right place to live. And that He'll continue to strengthen you and help you deal with all this stress.

Thanks for sharing the link to the article! Mike Ditka and Rocky Bleier sound like great guys who know who the real heroes are.

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone here who taped the game can send it to Kevin?
Or even the Mike & Mike show might send him a copy?

In his pictures he looks like he is gaining weight, is he?

Prayers sent that he is not getting ill and these are just sniffles.

Prayers, many of them for his home to be found and bought for him!