Kevin has been very tired today. Breezy is feeling better so she spent the day with him while I ran some errands and she told me he basically slept all day. We did get him up for dinner and then he went right back to bed and has been sleeping all evening. I am sure it's still him just recuperating from his surgeries for the week, but I do worry a bit that it could be something more.
As for the MRSA, I know he was given antibiotics after his surgery, but I am unsure about a full treatment. I will be looking into this tomorrow.
There was also a HUGE blowup this weekend about the same resident showing up to perform a tap on Kevin's head on Friday. It escalated quite a bit and I believe we are having a meeting tomorrow sometime to decide what we need to do - either leave this hospital or have a dedicated neurosurgeon that we feel comfortable with. Once again - and I have to stress it - that man is not allowed to come anywhere near my son. And I find it really sad that this battle has had to continue to this extent.
And to the anonymous poster that wants to call their congressman about any of our issues - go for it. I feel that the doctor dilemma will be taken care of - but if it will help us get a mortgage I would greatly appreciate it. As I hope everyone realizes - we don't expect a free home, we are more than willing to pay for it - we just can't even seem to be able to do that. Crazy, huh?
Now I will say this - we do have a broker that is still working on finding us funding. I can only hope that it works out. And I realize that an apartment is a possibility in desperate measures, but believe me - it won't be tailored to Kevin's needs. It would take a lot of money to make it work for him and I am just not willing to spend money on something that Kevin doesn't own.
In the interim, I am just going to stop busting my butt on this. I am nearly killing myself over it and I just can't continue at this rate. I am not saying I will not still work at getting this house, but I can't continue to put the hours in that I have been - on top of taking care of Kevin (and Breezy too). My heart has been hurting and if I don't stop I won't be around much longer.
So, maybe things will just work out. Maybe Kevin's shunt will work from this day forward for the rest of his life and maybe we will have a home to go home to in a month or so and maybe some sort of home based job that has VERY flexible hours will land in my lap and maybe all of my family and friends will move to Florida.
Wouldn't life be great if all of those maybes would occur?
First 2 from the Nov kit!
4 years ago