Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 259 - Feb 14, 2009

Kevin is still in ICU and we are hoping to go back up to his room tomorrow sometime. He is struggling today because he is so frustrated and mad and sad and disgusted because we really have had a terrible week. I feel his pain and let me tell you - it is so hard keeping a smile on my face and telling him that everything will be ok when I feel exactly as he does.

And now I am once again going to cut this short. I have slept in the chair the last few nights and I need to get some sleep. I trust the sitter that is with Kevin tonight so I felt I could come home for at least a few hours of rest. She will call me if anything goes wrong...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie, as always we are praying for all of you. Hope today brings good news. Feel better soon Breezy. Stay strong. Try to rest a little.
Melissa Ion

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

Keep the faith and know that God never leaves Kevin, you or Brianna. HE is with you every step of the way.

Praying always.

Stay Strong...

Read Psalm 118

Anonymous said...

I would guess then Kevin is doing better if he is moving back to his regular room?
The shunt is corrected, right?
This week has been rough on both of you. Give him some time to recovery and he will be in better spirits. I hope & pray!
Hope Breezy is feeling better too.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Have you on my mind les! Keeping Kevin in my prayers!

Long-time RN said...

Prayers for solid ground good news today. Take care of yourself, Leslie, and hang tough.

Jodi said...

I am thinking about all of you. I keep you in my thoughts always.

Kev, keep fighting kiddo. I know you will be feeling better soon.

Les & Breezy. Hang in there ladies. Kevin is a fighter like you two and you will all make it thru this.

EXTRA healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
EXTRA strength and comfort for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!
I love you guys!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

I hope Kevin is doing better today and that the shunt is fixed. I'm praying for him, that God would sustain him and encourage him. You're going to get through this Kevin! Keep hanging on and don't lose faith.
Hope you get some rest, Leslie, and that Breezy is feeling better. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Leslie, Breezy, and Kevin!
You guys hang in there!!! Just a minor setback! It'll work out!! Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Jen