Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 267 - Feb 22, 2009

Man, we sure were spoiled this weekend. I'm not sure we're going to be able to handle staying in my tiny, little room every weekend from here on out, lol. I can't even begin to tell you how exciting it was for all of us. Even Kevin really appreciated being able to move around the rooms in his chair. At the Fisher House, he can only wheel into the door about 5 feet and then has to stop and either sit there or get into my bed. He just enjoyed going back and forth between the rooms whenever he wanted to. He also loved laying on the couch and watching tv. He even fell asleep there the first night and I just left him stay there.

To be honest, we didn't do anything much all weekend. The expense of the hotel was enough of a splurge so we just lounged around. We did go to the Brandon mall, which will be the mall we will frequent once we move into our home (assuming, lol) and we ate in the food court. I was so excited to see a Cheesecake Factory there so now I will only need to run about 10 minutes instead of 25. Maybe Breezy can get a job there so that we get a discount, hehe...

On that note, Brianna has decided to stay here in Florida with us and not move back to PA. She realizes that Kevin just isn't going to understand if she leaves so she is going to get a job and start over once we get into the house. She will be going home to PA for a month or so to see Alan, but that's about it. I am secretly glad because I would've really missed her.

And my parents are going to be moving here by this summer. I am already looking at apartments for them to move into and plan to visit three of them this week. It is just so unbelievably expensive here...

And now I am going to head home for the night. Kevin is asleep and I want to hit the hay early tonight too.

Oh - and Janna - thank you so much. We just received your letter today. I wanted to read that book (The Shack), but never went out looking for it yet. The kids went to the mall and shopped for jeans this afternoon so I was able to start it. Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

I just finished that book my sister gave it to me. It is a wonderful book and you will look at God a different way. Read it to the end. Glad you had a great weekend. Thought and prayers with you and your family.
Lorraine, Rick and "Howard"

Anonymous said...

Thrilled you guys had such a good weekend. Your daughter staying and your parents moving down there is wonderful. Now you can have a free moment for that hair cut lol ;)

Sending prayers Kevin keeps doing so well and that the house finishes coming through for all of you.

Long-time RN said...

So good to read you had a great weekend! Take good care, continued thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Being a Florida resident myself, I must say there are many fine things about living in Florida. One of the things you may appreciate, Leslie, is there is no personal income tax for the State of Florida:>

Glad you had a good weekend and we continue to keep you in our prayers daily.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Kevin that Breezy and your parents will be down there with you. That is awesome news! Hope you all have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, Breezy & Kevin,
I am extremely HAPPY for all of you! You needed a reprieve & found it! Leslie GREAT planning! It's wonderful news that Breezy is staying & your Mom & Dad will be moving down! It sure will make things better the whole way around!! God does work in magnificient ways!!

Our thoughts & prayers are with all of you always. May all good things come your way. Take care & God Bless.

bigD said...

Hi Leslie, Breezy & Kevin,
So glad to hear that you had a relaxing and uncomplicated weekend. It is nice to get pampered every now and then, and Lord knows you ALL DESERVE A BREAK TODAY!!!

It must be so nice for you to know that you will have family around you in your new home in Fla. As I read your post, I am struck (again) by the huge impact this is having on all of your lives. (I can sort of identify, but, not to the degree that your family is experiencing) To have everyone pull up stakes and move to Florida, well, it just shows how much love you all have for one another and how much Kevin is cherished and loved by all of you.
Take care Leslie...I don't post often, but, I am always thinking of you, Kevin and Breezy. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Vicki Chrisman said...

I'm SO glad you had a good weekend! And I'm thrilled that you will have family closer! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
I just wanted to let you know that my parents are down in Florida for the winter. Instead of renting an apartment...they bought a trailer in a retirement park. I have no idea how old your parents are, but that may be a more cost effective way for them to stay down there! There are a BUNCH of these retirement villages down there. If they are anything like my parent's place, they are fairly reasonable to purchase and then the lot rent is reasonable also. I won't bore you with a bunch of details now...but if you want any more info I'll be glad to help you out!!!! Just let me know!!! Take care and be safe! I am so glad you guys had a good weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry -- i forgot to sign my name in the last comment - it's Jen from Petrolia!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all enjoyed your mini vacation! I think it's wonderful that your parents and Breezy will be living nearby. You need all the support you can get and I know they need you as well.

So Kevin was OK the whole weekend! That's wonderful, especially considering where he was a couple weeks ago. I'm praying that he continues to improve and that the shunt behaves itself! You're all in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Take care.