Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 183 - Nov 30, 2008

We had a really good day today. To be honest, we all lay around and watched movies all day. Matter of fact - here is a pic of Kevin sitting in a real chair! It's the first time he allowed me to put him in the chair without Barb - our physical therapist.



And being funny - here is a pic of all of us lying in his bed at the hospital. This one was taken the other day. Anyway, we got busted by the nurse and she's cool so she took a pic for us.



Matter of fact, the same nurse that took this picture is also going to Disney World with us next week. We are hoping to stay 2 nights, but we may only make it one night. At this point, Kevin is very conscious of what his head looks like so he may not want to leave the room. If that happens, we will make the best of it - but I sure hope I can get him out of there. It's going to be hard though as he can't ride any rides or anything, but we can just take in the sites and eat, eat, eat! I think there are a couple of shows though - I just haven't had time to research it yet. This house hunting is taking up all of my time.

Well, off to bed for me...I will answer some of your questions tomorrow night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
Disney World is a magical place to be.I hope that that Kevin will feel up to giving it a try because it truely is a happy place.The shows are amazing and the characters just roam around.Each time we visited there;I still got as excited as if it was my first visit.Tell Kevin that we are all going to be checking this blog for pics of him and cinderella !!!Oh,
and the assortment of food there will put a smile on his face.I'm smiling just thinking of all the fun and food!!!
You and Breezy had best be on the lookout,I hear that Tracy has been thinking up all kinds of trouble for her and Kevin when she gets down there this week.
Kim S

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie,
That sounds great..I was wondering..You said Kevin is conscious of his head..

I know he can't wear hats but that about a loosely tied bandanna or light weight scarf..Tell him it's the " Pirates of the Caribbean " look. If it can work for Johnny Depp it can for him too..lol

Brenda

Kris said...

Hi Leslie, Breezy & Kev!

Just stopping by to let you all know that as always you are in my thoughts and my prayers. So glad to read that Kev had a good day yesterday, praying SO hard that those good days keep on coming!

Here's to a great week, filled with more progress. Thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of Angel Hugs are always on their way to you all.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Miss Em said...

Leslie,

Suggestion on how to help Kevin to get past "the conscious of his head" while you all are out & about...

That AirBorne flag hanging behind his hospital bed.
Be sure to take it down and pack it for Disney World.
When Kevin is put in his chair, throw it over him and then tell him this:

"I know you had the courage to jump from a perfectly good air plane so I am positive that you have MORE than enough courage to hold your head high even when people stare at you. That head injury you got and are now dealing with was and IS part of your job."

I have never known a Military Person to not accept a challenge to their 'Pride'. Especially when it is their 'Military Pride'

Think about it. Hope it helps?

Miss Em

PS This might be ONE of the Stress Reasons that you and he are in the men's room most of your time out. Try using the flag. Never know what a dose of 'Pride' can do for someone.

The Rock said...

Just sending some love today. I am glad to hear that you guys are going to Disney World ! It is a magical place , that's for sure !
I hope to see some good pictures !
Hugs
Petra
S.A.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Love seeing those photos of you guys!