Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 185 - Dec 2, 2008

Wow! What a day today! We did pick up Tracy and Jody and we went and looked at 2 homes today too. I have it narrowed down to 4 homes. I think really 3, but I am being open minded about the fourth. I called the van people today and picked up the van this evening knowing we can't see all of these houses in one day with Kevin. It would completely exhaust him (and me, lol). They graciously allowed us to have it for a whole week. I am really excited about it because maybe we can get Kevin used to being out in the world for a few days before heading to Disney. This only going somewhere once a month or so isn't going to make any headway on the anxiety thing.

So, I can be honest and say I think I know which home Kevin will choose. This home has the potential to be quite beautiful! It actually is beautiful but it was foreclosed on a while ago and definitely needs a good cleaning. It is a very masculine home and unfortunately it has been empty for a while and is very neglected. I am thinking this is a good thing because the bank may be desperate to unload it and may be willing to at a very low price. I can only hope, huh?

Well, who knows...Kevin may surprise me totally and go with something totally different. So many of his tastes have changed since the attack. I shouldn't even begin to guess what he likes anymore, lol.

I guess I better head to bed. I will be so glad when we settle on a house and I don't have to drive all over the state of Florida in the middle of the night!

4 comments:

Alison said...

What great news about the van! That'll be awesome, to have it for so long. I'm sure getting out more and more will help Kevin and his nerves about trips and his appearance.

I would suggest, once you do find a home, that maybe you try and get in touch with some local churches or organizations. We just had a neighbor's church that volunteered to help paint and fix up our house, and we just had to pay for materials and they did all the labor. It was such a relief and great help. I'm sure there is some group that would be glad to assist and serve the community and you guys by sprucing things up if they need it.

EmUrso said...

Great news about everything. glad you got the van, and glad the house thing seems to be coming together. I am a Disney-aholic, so in the next few days will send you some tips...to make your visit smoother. We will be down to Disney in January...it is the BEST place on earth!!

Kris said...

Good morning Leslie, Kev & Breezy! Just stopping by to let you all know that as always thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of Angel Hugs are ALWAYS coming your way!

Good luck with the houses, I can't wait to see which house Kev likes the best! So glad to read that things have been a bit better. Saying extra prayers that Kev will want to go to Disney!!

God bless you all, and HUGS TO YOU!!

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Lelie, Kev and Breezy,

I have the best job in the entire world! The opportunity to meet devoted families like yourself and provide a moment of freedom with the Vet-op vans.
You are in my prayers!
Jennifer
Ride-Away