Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 188 - Dec 5, 2008

Yay! Kevin fell in love with the house!! As soon as we walked into the great room and he got a good look - his face just lit up with excitement! He was even trying to 'walk' his wheelchair faster to get to all the rooms. It was so funny and just outright wonderful to see.

So now we have to settle on a beginning bid and see what the bank will counter with. I kinda have a number in mind that I will settle for, but we shall see. I know he loved it - every time I asked him if he really wanted this house he shook his head yes so hard that his teeth had to rattle, lol. Let's just now hope that it is in our budget. I would so hate it if the bank didn't come down low enough!

Well, I am going to cut it short tonight as it is very late. I know there are questions that need answered, but I will get to them as soon as I can.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo! I am so happy for you. I know how finding a place to call home, has been so very important to you. Just thrilled that Kevin liked it. I will, along with everyone else, keeping up with this blog, I will begin prayers that this goodness continues. What ever it takes for God to do, I pray it all falls into place. What a blog message that will be when we read "Got the HOUSE!" SO...here's to prayer...Love and Hugs. Always.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to mention the exact name of the bank here each day when you write about it.

Jodi said...

Hi Gang!

YAY!!! That is awesome Kev liked the house!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope all goes smooth with the bank. I hope you have a great day today!

Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Strength for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Yipee! I really hope you are able to get the house to which you referred and I am sending positive thoughts your way.

However, I will tell you what my real estate agent told me eight years ago when I loved a house, had a few obstacles ahead, but SO wanted that house. She said very matter of factly, "If you can't get this house, then it was not meant to be and you will get a better house". She was right, I did not get that house but I ended up with a house, that I love even more - way more. So, here's to getting your dream house, whichever one it is. Things WILL work out, I just know it. You inspire me...

Hugs,

Cathy M

Anonymous said...

Glad the house got Kevin's approval! Now for the real nail-biter, right? I'm praying that the financing will come through soon!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thats great news les!

Anonymous said...

YIPPIE!!!! I hope all goes well and you are all soon jumping for joy over your new home. I am so glad Kevin likes it too. It is so important for him to be a part of this purchase.
Tell the bank you have this blog and people all around the world read it and they would be real happy and possibly future customers if they work out a real good deal for the house for you guys! Be sure to mention the Banks name if they do a good job for ya!
Love
Sue