Friday, December 26, 2008

Day 209 - Dec 26, 2008

Yay! Kevin and I went on our first solo trip today. We were just going to run around the corner to DQ (for me) and Subway (for him) but instead we ordered Fettuccine Alfredo from Macaroni Grill and we drove about 5 miles or so to pick it up. Doesn't sound all that far away, does it? But let me tell ya - there is a traffic light nearly every block and it takes about 20-30 minutes to get there in rush hour traffic. We did fine though.

We had a real funny moment too. I had pulled over to call ahead and order and they always ask what you are driving because they bring it out to you and I said a bright blue minivan. Kevin started giving me the evil laugh - kinda like a "haha - you're driving a minivan" laugh and I whipped around in my seat and said "what the heck are you laughing at? You own it!!" Y'all shoulda seen the look on his face! It was priceless, lol. He had this look of mock horror and then we both just burst out laughing.

We did have fun though. Although - I am not sure how much longer I am going to be able to listen to heavy metal screamo music while driving, lol. But he starts screaming right along with it and his left arm is just dancing all over the place so I guess I will just grin and bear it. And please - somebody please - help me if I start liking that stuff...

So all in all - it was a pretty good day today. I am sad that Anthony is going home tomorrow though. He and Kevin get along really well and Anthony even went in the early shift this morning allowing both Breezy and I a sleep in. We have also had a lot of fun with him here.

But Tuesday my parents are coming for a week. That will be really nice...

12 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH.. I love that story! I can just picture it in my mind! Funny!

AnnieB said...

Merry Christmas Leslie, Breezy and Kevin from the whole Lalli family and Jess. I have been faithfully reading your blog since I left Tampa and have been praying for all of you. Kevin, keep up the smiles and please don't drive Mom too crazy with the music. Mark is doing well on this leave and fortunately for both he and Jess the weather hasn't been too cold except for one day when it was below 0! We are so happy about the van and even though it's a van, Kev, it's wheels! We'll keep reading and you keep doing better every day. Mark will be back on the 3rd. Love to you all, Ann

Long-time RN said...

Great description of the van ride! Good to read Kevin did well and you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I makes me smile to read your recent entries. Your cheery words absolutely light up the page!

My very best to all of you,

Hugs,

Cathy M

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie ~ What a great story, and the perfect time of year, to remind us of how precious those seemingly little moments are! Your voice sounds light and musical. And the picture with words you paint, is wonderful to "see". Much love to all. Hugs. Prayers. Always

Miss Em said...

1st---How was the Fettuccine Alfredo? Bet Kevin slurpped the noodles.{snicker snicker}

When you described the the events of ordering the Fettuccine Alfredo, I FOC-LMAO and had to wait for a few minutes before I could finish reading you posting. I had a really good image of Kevin's face in my mind and I am still chuckling as I'm writing this.
It's too bad that you did not have a camera handy because that would be one for his scrapbook for the day that it truly hit home...

'I own a mini-van.'

****
I believe Kevin will definitly miss Anthony. A guy just needs a guy to talk to sometimes about guy things.

You and Breezy do so much for Kevin but sometimes a guy is what a guy needs.

So when GrandDad get there make sure Kevin get some alone time for just guy talk.

It was really GREAT to hear that you and Kevin had a really great time on your Solo trip.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Jodi said...

Sounds like you two had fun! That is great to hear! Puts a smile on my face and laughed so hard!
Have a fantastic day today!
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Love seeing that you had a smile day and Kevin had an evil hee hee day. Gotta have more of those.
Keep blogging Leslie, we all love it! Annie D

Anonymous said...

this post just cracked me up!

Leslie... fyi, the ONLY way to balance out the uncoolness of a minivan (sorry minivan owners), is to have some head banging, heavy metal, blasting out the window. Rock on Kevin!
Love, Chris.

Anonymous said...

Whewww!!! I was so glad to hear you all had a good day. We missed you at the Christmas Lunch, so I was a bit worried.

You are in my prayers tonight and every night.

Jennifer

The Rock said...

Hey Leslie , Kevin and Breezy
I want to wish you a Happy New Year !
I am so glad that you had a little fun . I can understand that Kevin's Music is stressful LOL. But hey !
We ought to send you some ear plugs !
Keep your spirits up !
We love you
Hugs
Petra
Soldiers Angel

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas! It's good to hear that Kevin has had some good days and got out for a while.

Love the minivan story! The look on his face must have been priceless.

I haven't been able to comment the past few days, but I'm glad all has been relatively well. My sister, Gillian, wondered if all the cards from her students got to Kevin? I told her that you get a million emails a day so it might take a while till you're able to answer. ;) I hope they arrived and that he enjoyed them as much as the kids enjoyed making them.

I'm praying for you all and that Kevin stays healthy for his upcoming surgery!