Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 792 - Jul 30, 2010

We didn't do too much today. Kevin did have another dentist appointment and he handled it really well again today. The dentist feels we will only need to have one more appointment, although that's not set in stone. I am hoping we can get the last appt in over the next two weeks, but our schedule is almost completely full so I'm not sure it's going to work.

After discussing it with the dentist, we don't want to do any work in his mouth the week before the surgery - just to play it safe - and that really does only leave us two weeks.

So something interesting did happen last night. I mentioned that Kevin was mad at me and stomped to his room, well...he didn't call me for at least 2 hours. That's not the important part though - when he did call me and I went into his room - the words that came out of his mouth were 'I'm sorry'. It made me all teary to hear him apologizing - mainly because he doesn't usually remember things like that. Honestly, I would have never thought he would recall something 2 hours later and then for him to realize that he acted like a brat was pretty awesome too.

Ahhh...my baby is growing up. Again.

3 comments:

i. said...

I laughed when you said Kevin stomped out when told to pick up after himself. It was so age and gender appropriate! LOL! But the apology is SO awesome!!!

Michelle Long said...

I'm so happy he apologized and remembered what he did. Yes, your baby is growing up, again!! That put a smile on my face.

Long-time RN said...

It's awesome that Kevin remembered the 'tantrum' event, thought about it over that time frame, and then came to an apology. He loves ya, Mom!