Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 776 - Jul 14, 2010

There is just no possible way to sum up how today was. Too many things going on in too many different directions.

First - and all importantly - Scott is doing a little bit better (Lorraine - he is from the Indiana, PA area). I am gathering that he still has serious short term memory loss (he asks every couple of minutes where he is and what happened), but I am really hoping the bulk of it is the narcotics talking. I might be wrong, so my next hope is that this aspect goes away over the next few weeks.

They are discussing surgery on his collarbone, and I think they will come to a decision tomorrow. Other than this, he is feeling better and they are discussing sending him home in a few days. I personally think that's a bit premature because he has to keep food down and he has been unable to. He started to be nauseous often times throughout the day today too.

They also aren't allowing him up out of bed yet because they are not 100% sure his pelvis isn't broken. I would also think a collapsed lung and broken ribs might make a difference?

I guess we'll see. I just can't see discussing sending someone home if you aren't even sure if bones are broken yet? Hmmm...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your kind words!

So we had to go to the hospital today and have fluid put in Kevin's expander. This was the first time he had any discomfort, but it only lasted a short while. It wasn't when they filled it either, it was when we got to the car. He's fine now though, so I'm not worrying.

And I'm concerned about my dad. My mom was telling me he didn't feel well today and he is having some real problems with his feet, palms and the inside of his mouth burning. The chemo they have him on is really intense and the doctor warned of these side effects. I just don't like it. I just don't like that I can't even be there to help Mom out and to just be there to see with my own eyes. I also don't like that he was already sleeping by the time I called tonight. Here's hoping he is feeling better tomorrow.

And for some actual good news...Moe is coming Aug 11-16th!!!!! Yay!!! I have decided to wait and take my weekend away when she comes because it will be so much more fun with a friend. I mean...I like myself and all...but it's hard to have a good time on vacation by yourself, lol! So let's all keep everything crossed that we can that nothing goes wrong!

Ok, I am going to try to get some sleep. I couldn't at all last night and it's unfortunate because Kevin actually slept all night long. Not one phone call from him. Maybe he will again tonight, eh?

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

You have a one in a million friend there with Moe. Hoping all goes well that you can get away for a day or so. Even a couple of hours would be great. Hoping Breezy is feeling fine. Lorraine and Rick

Anonymous said...

I'll hope for a fantastic get away for you guys. You deserve some quality time away, and I hope you laugh a lot together. There is nothing like a best friend to have fun with.

Anita

Martha K said...

So glad Moe is coming, you sure need something good in your life. Just wanted you to know that our bible study group is going to be praying for Scotty. My goodness girl stuff just keeps coming at you. Please take care and have a great weekend off. I know having your best friend there will make it GREAT Always thinking of you
Martha K

Long-time RN said...

Yeah-vacation plans! Hope you'll have tons of fun!

So sorry to read about your nephew and will certainly keep him in prayers. No time to catch your breath in your family. Hope you get some sleep and good news on Scott.