Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 445 - Aug 17, 2009

I slept so wonderfully last night. And for hours too! I am so happy to finally have my own bed to sleep in.

Kevin was in a much better mood today. He got up and went happily to both therapies and then we were heading to the beach. Of course you had to know that it began storming and it went on so long we turned around and came home. So poor Levi didn't even get to go to the beach one time while he was here. I told him next time we'll go twice just to make up for it though.

And unfortunately Levi has to go home tomorrow morning. Darnit! I'm gonna miss him all over again, but he swears he's coming back during Christmas break and he's moving in for the whole summer next year, lol. Not sure what his mother thinks, but I guess we'll see, haha.

He and Kevin got along really well too. Here is a photo of them saying 'goodbye'. I just took this one a few minutes ago.



And to give a quick update on Mike - he seems to be doing well. Traci still doesn't know much, but they don't believe it is a spinal cord injury after all. They think his back is fractured in a couple of places, but they will be checking things out again tomorrow. He is at Landstuhl in Germany and so far he is in a body cast. Hopefully they can get him back to the States quickly. Please still keep them in your thoughts as it's just too soon to know everything yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pic of Kevin and Levi. Kevin really looks good. Michelle Long

Jessica said...

What a sweet pic! Too bad it stormed at the beach, but I'm glad to hear that Kevin wanted to go. Levi sounds like a great kid to have around!

I'm glad to hear that your friend's husband doesn't have spinal damage. I'll say a prayer for him.

Take care. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.