Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 434 - Aug 6, 2009

Today started out really well. None of us got out of bed before 11am and it was wonderful. I did spend some time on the phone, but I was still was laying in bed so it doesn't really count, lol.

Breezy took Kevin to his therapies today and I stayed home to make more phone calls. One of my main priorities today was to find out what was going on with the van. I had it towed to the Chrysler garage over a week ago because of all of the issues with it. I had never heard anything back from them, so I gave them a call today and imagine my surprise when they told me that they didn't have the van. I can assure you that total panic set in at that point. I hurried and called Roadside Assistance and then the towing agent and then back to the Chrysler garage and truthfully - it ended up with my being me on the phone back and forth with people for an hour and a half. It turns out that the tow truck driver never went in with my keys to the garage so they didn't even realize it was in the lot (?!). So there it sat for 8 days with the keys in it. And to make it even worse, someone jammed the key in incorrectly and the garage couldn't even get it out of the ignition.

I swear, if I didn't have bad luck - I wouldn't have any at all.

Other than that, not much went on today. We were all going to go to the beach (my whole family), but Kevin didn't want to go at the last minute. That, of course, meant that I couldn't go, so I watched while everyone else left to have a good time. These kind of moments are hard. It's not easy having pretty much no life of your own and it's even harder not having much time to do anything 'fun'. I really do try to get Kevin to do things, but he generally won't. I know it's hard for him - I really do - but it still makes it hard on me too. Oh well, I guess it's just the way it is.

And I am going to end with Patricia's suggestion for me to send a list of Kevin's movies and games that were stolen from either Germany or Afghanistan. I wish I could do that, but unfortunately I don't really know everything he had. I already purchased all the Harry Potter movies months ago as they are some of his favorites. I know he is wanting to repurchase "Happy Gilmore" and "Meteor Man", but other than that he purchased most of them in the near year that he had been gone. I remember him coming home for Christmas with this huge 'book' of movies and games. I know I also sent him 3 XBox games to J-Bad, but I couldn't even tell you which ones they were anymore. I really appreciate the suggestion - very much - but I will be no help and because he doesn't really talk there is just no way for me to come up with any titles. Sorry, Patricia!

And now I am off to bed. Kevin was still awake at 5am this morning so he is sleeping soundly right now. (no wonder he slept until 11am, huh?) I hope to follow his snoring pretty darn quick, lol...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to sleep in today! Yeah! :) That too bad about the van and also the key being jammed. I agree- being on the phone to straighten things out is a pain! Then sometimes they play that music while you are on hold and it just frustrates you even more. For me anyway!ha
Would Kevin recognize some of the movies by the covers or not really? I wonder if you could go to an online movie site and see if he would be able to go by the picture.
Sorry Kevin didn't want to go to the beach. He looked like he was having so much fun the last time you guys went.
Thanks for all the pictures you post!
Hope tomorrow is less eventful and they get the van figured out.
Kathy in IA

Unknown said...

Leslie ~ Ok, here is what we might do about finding the dvd and movies needs. Use your computer, to go to Amazon.com. They have the most extensive listing of dvd's and games, etc.

When you can, get Kevin to look at them or even maybe Brianna...go through and have him point to what he "wants" or likes. Make a list and get that to me.

The picture of the cover of the dvd might spark recognition for him.

If this does not work, I am putting a shout out to his friends who read this blog. If any of you know what dvd's or games Kevin had or likes, send your notes to me ...

pbellkc@hotmail.com.

In the subject line please tell me it is for Kevin since I have such a strong junk filter.

I will start there, Leslie. If we hit a wall, I will think of something else.

As for him not wanting to go to the beach, yes, that IS part of the sacrifice you make, that we all forget about. The little freedoms taken away. Again, I admire you.

Love, hugs and prayers...always...