Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 437 - Aug 9, 2009

We had another very lazy day today. Kevin didn't even get up until after noon and I only got up about an hour or so before him.

We didn't really do much, but we did go to my parents for dinner. After that, we came home and went swimming for a while.

I think I am just going to answer some of the questions/comments/emails from the last week or so. I am running way behind on this.

First, many of you may have noticed Lorraine signing her posts adding Howard the Duck. I think I even posted a photo on here of Howard from the PH ceremony. Sadly, Howard passed away last week. To Lorraine and Rick - I am so sorry. I know that Howard was part of the family and any loss is so hurtful. To everyone else - there were many smiles from Kevin over the last year when we would get photos of Howard doing things. Howard was even the ring bearer in their son's wedding. So Sorry, guys.

Cathy M - you asked about the TBI trial that we are looking into. I invite you to check out the website for all of the information. You can check it out by clicking here.

Miss Em - you asked if Kevin could possibly draw things that he has trouble getting across verbally and unfortunately he can't do that. I think he knows things in his head, but between the thought occurring and somehow getting it across it gets all jumbled up. For example - yesterday I asked him what color something was. He knew exactly what it was and said 'duh' and then got so upset when he couldn't say the word 'blue'. He was so angry that he stomped off to his room. I have tried to get him to write and draw things knowing he can't say them, but it's just not possible. His brain just can't convey how to draw it either. Such a bummer, huh?

Paul Pomeroy - thank you so much for explaining why Kevin can say the "F" word so easily, but not normal words. I would have never known that swear words stem from a different section of the brain.

Kevin and Natali McKee - I never did mention the brain doctor because I never actually got to speak to him. He did return my call one day, but I was busy and couldn't take it. I do have a website though - check it out by clicking here. I have it on good authority that it really works. A man was here to inspect the pool alarms and he went to see this guy because he had ADHD and paranoia very badly. He is almost completely cured (still going for treatments) and feels like he has a whole new life ahead of him. I have to be honest and say that I would normally be very skeptical of something like this, but this man had nothing to gain by telling me about himself. Hopefully I can talk to the doctor this week sometime.

To local camp guy with the spiked hair - I love ya, Ted. You crack me up, lol!

Michelle Long - Thank you so much for the photos. I carry them everywhere - they are the ones I show to everyone. Awesome!

And I think I am going to stop now. Breezy and I are going to watch America's Best Dance Crew that I taped from last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Well yesterday we had our first 3H day for summer. It hit 90. Was at camp but I cleaned the boat and put oil on the teak wood. Hope this week is a better one for you and Kevin. I wish Breezy luck in finding a job that she will like.
Thanks for your kind works he was only a pet but went everywhere with us. He was the only duck that had to work for his life style. He went to work with me at the garage and went on errands with me. He had 2 pools at home and what other duck went to a summer home every weekend that rode a quad, boat and jet ski. He was one of a kind. He even made it on KDKA news on parade day for Kevin when the farm tractor went down the street he in sitting on the grass watching the parade.
Love to you all
Lorraine and Rick