Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 435 - Aug 7, 2009

Not a whole lot went on today. Kevin really wasn't feeling well so he left his first therapy appointment early and he was so nauseous that we skipped the afternoon appointment as well. It worked out for me though as I got so much unpacking done this afternoon while he pretty much slept. The kitchen is nearly done and my scraproom is more than half done too. I got my living room furniture all set up upstairs and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to sink down into my very own plush living room suit. I know it's so dumb to be so excited about something like a couch, but I had wanted a red living room suit my whole life and I finally had the money to purchase one just a few short months before Kevin was wounded. I sure missed it, lol.

So now I am going to get some more of my scraproom done. I have to admit though that I am VERY disappointed by the moving company that packed my stuff almost a year ago. All of my photos and scrap supplies were literally thrown into boxes and my photos are so bent and a good portion of my paper is destroyed. I can't believe that it cost so much money for such an unprofessional job. Once I get everything unpacked, they will be hearing from me (and yes - I am taking pictures as I go!).

Anyway, back to unpacking...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you to have your own things again. Comforting, isn't it? Enjoy your red couch!

Ruthie

Unknown said...

A red couch...a place to put your feet up...unpacking your personal treasures....Home....'nuff said....

I am so very happy for you....

Love, hugs and prayers...always....

Anonymous said...

Hi Les,
Just wanted to know how you liked the pics of the ceremony that I asked Tracy to give to you. Michelle Long

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear about the van problems. What a headache. I'm glad you have your own furniture to relax in! It'll be great to get your scrap room set up, too. I think I literally winced when I heard what the movers did to your photos and paper, though!

Hope Kevin is doing better today. Hang in there and take care. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.