Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 149 - Oct 27, 2008

I am kinda going to skip writing anything tonight. We are all exhausted and I just want to curl up with my book and then go to sleep.

Kevin did have a great day though and we had him in the chair about 8 hours today. Matter of fact, he wanted to stay at my house and not go back to the hospital tonight, but I had to talk him out of it. We will be doing that within the next couple of weeks, but I have to learn how to transfer him from his chair to a bed without a lift first. I also need to move the furniture around so that he doesn't fall out of bed and I have to find a different bed for me. If I remember correctly, burn victims can't sleep in the same bed as another person for a certain period of time. I need to check on this though...

So anyway, I will give a better update tomorrow.

Oh - and Joel did make it here safe and sound. Yay!!

7 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Enjoy your book and a good rest Les!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another exciting and tiring day for all.Get some rest.
Good to hear Joel is there and
all is well.A great day for everyone!!!
Kim S

Anonymous said...

can you remind us who Joel is?

Holee said...

It's snowing back here at home. I'm afraid that giraffe wouldn't be too happy here today.

It's good your in such a nice warm place to be taking Kevin back & forth from the hospital to home. We have to remember the positive things and the weather is one of them.

They did have snow at Cape Canaveral last year and it was the coldest year in Tampa for many, so just be prepared to bundle him up in January, at least it doesn't last long in Fl.

I still didn't get those raspberry chips. Maybe next week.

Jodi said...

Hi Les,

Great to hear Kevin is doing so well!
Great news Joel made it safe and sound.
Hope you had a nice, quiet, restfull night.

Here is to a great day today!
Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Strength for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
Big hugs and all my love to all 3 of you!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Kris said...

Hope you were able to get some rest last night, and enjoyed your book! Here's to another good day today!

SOOOO happy (and relieved!!) that Joel is there safe and sound. If you see them, please let his parents know that we're all out here praying for them and for Joel every day as well.

Praying so hard for the strength, peace and comfort (and extra of each!) for all of you.

Thoughts, prayers support and loads and loads of Angel Hugs are always on their way to you all. Every single day.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Unknown said...

hi hon,

Glad things are getting back onto an even keel..How's Breezy feeling ?

I'm happy Kevin's doing better..I do have a suggestion about the bed..When I brought mom home I ordered a set of portable side rails that fit onto the bed that can be removed when ever they need to be..You might think about something like that. It will help keep Kevin from rolling out of bed...

hugs