Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 148 - Oct 26, 2008

Things didn't quite work out the way we planned. Breezy is getting sick so Tracy and I didn't end up going anywhere. It was ok though, as we brought Kevin down to the house for about 4 or 5 hours today and I finally got all the boxes completely unpacked that were sent from Texas.

We first had lunch and Kevin ate 2 cheeseburgers and some fries from McDonalds and an egg salad sandwich. After that he settled in and watched the new "Hulk" movie while Tracy and I cleaned and organized.

It was a pretty good day. And I am happy to say we have had no vomiting now for two days and the pain is becoming manageable.

Tonight I am just going to answer some of the questions that have been posted or emailed to me over the last few days. Sorry it has taken so long, but things are just so hectic here.

Which bring me to my first comment - to PFC Stephen Lober - I wish I had the time to be your Pen Pal, but it's all I can do to get through my days. I can be honest and tell you that I don't have time to even watch tv and it now takes me weeks to get through a book that I would read in less than a day before. I think it's cause when I do have a bit of free time - I sleep, lol. But know that my thoughts are always with the guys and gals that are far from home. Stay safe, ok?

Oh and before I forget - someone did step in and help and my pay for the month of Sept made it to my bank account. Thank you to whomever! As y'all can see - Kevin costs a fortune to feed!

And I found out that they stripped all of Kevin's entitlements away and that's why his pay has been messed up. I am rattling cages myself about all of this because it's just not right. I know a couple of the readers here have offered to help, but I just hate to use you guys like that, so I am going to give the liaisons here a chance to make it right and if they can't - I will contact all of you. That's gonna be when 'bitch mode' kicks in and I will do everything possible to get Kevin the things that he rightly deserves.

So I am going to end here tonight. I am beat and want to go home. And Kevin is finally sleeping...

9 comments:

The Rock said...

There shouldn't have been a change in Kevin's pay !
You might want to get in touch with SOLDIERSANGELS.org . That shouldn't have happened ! It is outrages !
Please let us know what progress you are making with Kevin's Pay .

That Kevin can eat huh? LOL . I am so happy that he is so strong !
Love
Petra
SA

Vicki Chrisman said...

I sure hope the "pay" thing , gets figured out! That should got be something you should have to fight for , for pete sake. Outrages for sure! Hope that gets figured out.
Sorry Breezy isnt feeling well. Glad your day turned out okay though. It's great to hear that Kevin can come to your place and that he is eating so well!!

Lisa said...

What the hell...I don't text often, but, this pay stuff has me boiling......Kevin served his country, and NOW his country should serve him!!!!!! There is something very wrong with this picture. I'm sorry, I am not normally an angry human, but right is right....this crap has to change! Time for gov't to take care of our boys and girls to the fullest........thoughts and prayers frm Kitt. Pa.

Jodi said...

Hi Les,

Tell Breezy to get feeling better soon!

So sorry you are dealing with the pay issues with the Government. It is so wrong. I agree with what someone said a couple days ago. Go to the media with it. They will be all over that! Kevin deserves to be taken care of for the rest of his life, and so should you as his caretaker.

I love hearing what an appetite Kevin has! That is awesome!!!

Did you receive the package we sent? :-)

Here is to a great day today!!!
Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Strength for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
Big hugs and all my love to all 3 of you!!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Kris said...

Hey there Kevin, Leslie & Breezy! Stopping in to say hi to you all and to let you know that as always you are in my thoughts and my prayers, and that you always will be! Breezy I sure hope that you are feeling better today, or at least can take some time and veg out a bit to get healthy again.

Looks like you guys had a blast in Busch Gardens, and Marlin Perkins you are not, Leslie! :-)

Kevin, it seems you're back into action and entertaining everyone again. Keep up the great work - it must be so hard but you are doing it!!! Yes you are!!!

Thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of Angel Hugs are always being sent to all of you. And saying extra prayers for Joel, that his trip goes smoothly and without incident. The next chapter of his story is about to begin, I pray that he does as well there as Kevin has. Please do let his parents know that those prayers are still coming, and will always be coming.

Hugs to you all.

PS - someone mentioned soldiersangels.org to help with getting the pay straightened out, I 2nd that. I know that they will do all they can to help you out. How SLIMY is that!?!? Sheesh as if dealing with everything you have to deal with isn't enough.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Hi Les,

Nice to hear from you today!!! We really miss you!!!

I can only say we think of you, Kevin and Breezy everday.

Take care!!!

Kristen M.

Anonymous said...

Les - so glad to hear that kevin is getting out some and that he is eating well....hope Breezy feels better soon..

As for the pay thing: TO WHOM DO I NEED TO WRTIE A LETTER???? That is total bs - and you shouldn't have to deal with the red tape.

Hugs, and here's hoping thsi gets resolved SOON.

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie,Breezy,Kevin,
Computer mouse problems! We finally can use our comp again! We are so happy to write to you that we have been able to catch up on your blogs and it is wonderful news! Kevin , we love you very much and are so happy for your progress!!! Love to all of you, and we are saddened to hear that paychecks and fighting for rights has to be in this picture. You are deserving of much more than we all can ever repay you. God bless and keep you safe,
Love , The Reeves Gang.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that your pay got through at least. I share all the other readers' outrage about Kevin's being stripped of his entitlements. It's mind-boggling how that could happen. I guess this what happens when the government runs things...

Sorry to hear that Breezy isn't well; I hope she feels better soon!