Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 125 - Oct 3, 2008

It was a good day today. Not too much happened really. We did have some broccoli and cheese soup and cheesecake (surprise, lol) for lunch, but other than that it was a normal day. We did get in the chair, but he was pretty tired so he didn't do too well in it. He hadn't been in it in days so it was understandable.

I am just going to answer some of the questions that y'all have been writing for the last week. I am way behind in answering due to his surgery so bear with me.

Liz - Kevin would love an Army fleece! And I sympathize with you on being in ICU Peds for that long with your baby. I hope all is well now?

Grant (and everyone else) - if you write Kevin a letter, I will definitely read it to him. Send pics of yourself too. He doesn't seem to remember names, but the pics will help.

Holee - Kevin is holding a towel in his right hand because his hand is in a constant spasm (curled into a fist). This keeps his fingers open for a short period of time, allowing some range of potential motion.

Monica - are you sure Jon wants to play Kevin on the XBox? LOL - I'm sure Kevin will kick his butt again someday.

Actually, I think I got all the questions. It turns out most of the emails are the food possibilities you all sent us, lol. So...I guess I'll sign off for the night! And what an early night it is, huh?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Get some rest Leslie I am sure that you need it. I am so happy that Kevin is doing so well. What a miracle he is and has touched so many lifes. Along with his mother and sister of course!!!!
Sending lots of love and prayers your way
Debbie

Holee said...

Leslie,

How good is the package delivery at the hospital? I have something to send Kevin but was holding onto it to give to someone to bring down. I do think he would like to get a package. Do you think it will make it to his room?

I can't believe Breezy is letting Kevin get away with holding just a towel! Where is the Terrible Towel? :-)

Glad to hear Kevin got to eat!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Hoping for a restful night for all o f you!

The Rock said...

Dear Leslie
I am glad you all had a quiet day !
Keep your Strength up and know that we all are praying for Kevin and you'
Have a good Night !
Love
Petra
Soldiers Angel
Louisiana

Anonymous said...

lol. Leslie, yeah Jon & Kev always play GRAW2 so they are on a team. Not so much against each other. And yes we would love to have him over. Tell him we miss him.

Love Monica

Lil Tinker said...

Fabulous! I will get the fleece for him this week and make the blanket next weekend. We currently live in the middle of nowhere...literally but I do have a post office close by! Devan...my son with epilepsy is doing FABULOUS now. It took us 16 years and 4 months but we are almost to the point that he will be allowed to drive in another 3 months because we are now medication free. It is a long road you are on Leslie but I swear to you at the end it is all worth it regardless of the level of 'perfection' you reach with Kevin, know in you heart that it he will be perfect the way God has intended him and that you learn a lot more about yourself as a mother and a person by how you handle the messes in life not the clean events. You are an amazing woman and a phenomenal mom.

Keep it up and know that there are a ton of people pulling for you, Kevin and Breezy!

Many hugs to you and look for our package in a couple of weeks. I am working on something else for him with my children's school.

Hugs~
Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,

My name is Whitney, and I'm an "angel" with Soldiers' Angels. I live near Atlanta, Georgia, but am really a Florida girl:)
I hope Kevin is getting better every day, and that you and Brianna are ok, too!
I was wondering what I could send to you and Brianna to make your stay in the hotel a little more comfortable. Please let me know of anything that will help you get through this. I'm here for you.
I'm guessing you pick up your mail at the hotel's front desk? maybe a dumb question, but wanted to make sure!
Take care of you, and give Kevin a hug for me!
Angel hugs,
Whitney
whitneyannie1966@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Leslie.
I have been reading your blog for quite awhile,now. Maybe you would remember me and my daughter, Renee Reedy. She worked in your video store for you for awhile. I even helped out a couple of times.
I want you to know that we are praying daily for Kevin, you, and Breezy. God has given you all the most unimaginable strength and courage anyone could ever have. I am truly in awe of you. Please stay strong and know that God loves you and he is beside you all the way.Kevin, keep up the determination that you have. You will recover,look how far you have come. You amaze me. God Bless all of you. Praying for you daily,
Cheryl Reedy