Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 136 - Oct 14, 2008

Well, I think I was wrong. Kevin's head did come down a tiny little bit overnight so it really might have just been a gauge issue. I am keeping my fingers crossed on it.

I noticed today too, that all of his pain isn't just from his head. If you remember, they took him off of the spasticity medication and he has been having a TON of spasms and shakes in his right arm and leg. Every time he does spasm, he moans so it might be that as well. I will hit the doc with that one in the morning as that doc was out for the weekend and through tomorrow.

This is going to be a very short post as I am just so tired. I do want to thank everyone for keeping my dad in your thoughts too. He is home now - Breezy went and picked him up at the hospital and took him out for dinner.

Oh and Brenda - the package arrived today! Thanks so much!

I will catch up with y'all tomorrow night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying that the shunt is not having anymore problems and I am hoping for the best. I am astonished by the huge strides that Kevin has made. I am currently trying to save enough money to come see Kevin and all of you. I'm hoping to have enough by December to come over my christmas break from school. I will have to get in touch with you though and see when it is a good time for you guys. Kevin is so lucky(and I'm so happy) that he has you and Breezy to stand by his side through all of this. You are an incredibly strong person. Keep fighting KEV!

Vicki Chrisman said...

SO glad your dad is doing better!

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
You continue in our prayers. The exhaustion is a constant enemy and I'm specifically praying for great sleep for you every chance you get. It's a lot like when they are newborns-you gotta sleep when they do because you never know the next time you'll have a chance! Your being such a great advocate and caregiver for Kevin and the range of emotions flooding you right now can be overwhelming itself.
This is very unimporttant, but if you get a moment would you mind letting me know if you received the cd's. The tracking said it was delivered on the 8th, but that was the day after I ordered, so I wanted to follow up.
Thankful you Dad is home and that Breezy is able to spend some time with him.
Blessings,
Mel

Anonymous said...

I don't have any inspirational words here except that I don't know you guys but I love ya! A question that might be awkward but...do you need anything? I was thinking maybe certificates to a store or restaurant nearby. Or some items you need on an ongoing basis but can't get?

Hugs to you and those great kids of yours,

Cathy M

Anonymous said...

sorry leslie trying to keep up with the blog there is alot improvement for this young man, your son, your baby.i have something special to send you i hope you will like it will take time to finish it my broken thumb gets in the way at times hope we are friend albie

Unknown said...

YAHOO..

Squeeze them things Kevin..LOL

Hope he enjoys them..I'm so proud of him..

There may be bad days but it seems like you're starting to have more good then bad..

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers...

hugs,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

The reduced swelling would be an answer to prayer! Poor guy, I'll be praying for the spastic pain he's having. Take care!

Holee said...

I know something they need.

Leslie, I'm whispering now so don't listen!

It's a surprise. You can email me at Tinkert53@yahoo.com if you want to know what it is.