Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day 141 - Oct 19, 2008

Another awesome day today. First Breezy came home (with Tracy too!) and Kev was really happy to see her. To see both of them really. He was, once again, in fine form all day.

As our surprise, we took him to my house and we had a nice family dinner. We had 2 stuffed chickens, mashed potatoes, garlic green beans and homemade M&M cookies. As our guests, we had my sister, Kim (who did most of the cooking = gotta love that, lol), my brother-in-law (b-i-l) Joe, my niece Chrissy, my friend Tracy, Breezy, Kevin and myself. This is Kevin's first meal cooked at home. Here are a couple of photos of all of us enjoying this wonderful dinner:





And we actually took a more formal photo of all of us too. Here it is, as well as one of just the three of us:





I must say, I think Kev will be sad to see Kim and Joe go home. He really is loving having everyone come and visit. Unfortunately though, they are leaving tomorrow afternoon.

At least Tracy is still here (and will be for 11 days - yay!). Although she claims she is filing a lawsuit because her cheeks hurt so much from laughing at Kevin's antics. He has just kept everyone laughing hysterically today. She honestly says her face hurts so much, lol.

Also, Kev did receive a call from one of the guys in Germany today. Rigney called and he emailed us some pics while we were talking to him and Kevin looked at them while Rigney told him about them. For the most part, Kev did remember most of the people. Some he would look at for a while and shake his head 'no', but each day we remember more and more so I am cool with it. And it always appears that Kev thinks about things overnight and miraculously remembers or understands by the next day. Maybe that will happen again. I must say, it was a very emotional call, on both ends. Kevin was really excited when he saw a pic of Rigney and realized he was talking to him. He was making noises and shaking his head 'yes' very strongly.

And that about sums up our day. I get to sleep in again tomorrow as my sister is coming in early. Yipee! I love to sleep, lol.

Now if only Kev would...

11 comments:

Jodi said...

OH WOW! What AWESOME pictures!!! Thank you so much for posting them! You have such a beautiful family, and the fact that Kevin is there with you in your "home" is even more beautiful! You all look fantastic and so happy to be together! That is AWESOME!

That is great news Kevin is remembering people! Hopefully they will be good and happy memories of all his "brothers".

Fantastic news for another fantastic day! Thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you....

Here is to another great day tomorrow!
Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Strength for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thougths for all military personnel.
Big hugs and all my love to all of you!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Pastor Ed here again...it's been a while since I have posted...but continue to read and pray for you all EVERY DAY!!! Thanks so much for the pics...incredible progress. God bless...and as always, please don't hesitate to contact me if you are in need of anything here in good ol' PA.

-Ed

Vicki Chrisman said...

OHHHHHHHHH What great great pics!!!
Fantastic post Les! I'm so so happy for such a great day for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you somuch for sharing the photos of your family with us! For someone like me who didn't know you guys and Kevin before this Blog it truly makes the reading that much more personal. I am so incredibly impressed with kevin's Progress...Keep it up...I know my son was in a different 173rd company and kevin wouldn't know him..but let him know a scout from 2-503 is also following the blog and cheering him on all the way.
Hugs and Prayers kevin..you're doing great...
Vicki Cheek
173...-503 Mom
Tncontrygirl@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Great pics Leslie. I can really see the joy in Kev's face.
I am glad he is remembering old friends. That is wonderful!
Wish I was there for dinner. Sounds like it was great. LOL.
I am happy he is eating so well.
You guys look great.
Love
Susan

schmidty said...

omg, thank you Leslie for showing the beautiful pictures of your family! :) They brought tears to my eyes...you guys are amazing! Keep the faith and God bless you all!!! What a great day for all of you...

Anonymous said...

i love seeing the photos you post now. its awesome. im glad to see kevin smiling again. im so happy you got to finally have him over for dinner. he'll want to do it all the time now...lol. i was really happy to see the poster i made the other day in a photo. that just totally made my day. thanks. we're here if you need us. dont be a stranger...
love Monica G

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I just love the pictures. You all look great but I do have to admitt they really bring tears to my eyes. I have something that I want to send to Kevin but I have to get it finished hopefully in the next week. You look great honey. Love ya Pam

Jodi said...

Hi Les,

I mailed a package today to the hospital for you 3. You should see it in 2-3 days.

Hope you are having a great day!

Love you all!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hi Les,

WOW!!! What a wonderful time your family and friends must have had!! Who can miss Breezy in her Steeler shirt! Way to go, Breezy!!! She gave them the luck!!!

We are ALL in awe of what great strides Kevin is making!!! So nice to see him visit his family without IVs and tubes!!! You must be SOOO happy.

I only have one question...how tired was Kevin after his day out? Was it a lot for him? Or was it more tiring for each of you?


Take care & miss ya!!!!

Kristen Mowery

Anonymous said...

What a great day! It's great to see pictures of Kevin enjoying himself and with family and friends. Seeing his burns more clearly gives me a better appreciation of just how much he's been through and how far he's come. And to know he has a great attitude on top of it all, it's truly amazing!