Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 702 - May 1, 2010

I am pretty much going to skip writing tonight. I drove 13 hours today - made it all the way to Lake Charles, Louisiana and I have about 5 more hours to go tomorrow. I am tired though.

Kevin is doing remarkably well. He only called me a couple of times today and I am really proud of him. He has made such great improvements on the separation thing. I am thinking that maybe Breezy can watch Kevin one weekend every 2-3 months? I have 14 more free hotel nights (thanks to the last time we were in Texas and stayed in that hotel for two months) and I would love to see Louisiana - it's always been a dream vacation to me - and it's really not far from SA.

So anyway, I am going to bed. I am just beat!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of driving! Too bad you couldn't stay another day in LA and rest up a little. That's good it's only 5 hrs. away though! :) It sounds like it would be a fun trip to visit there. I'm so glad Breezy and Kevin are doing good!
Have a safe drive today!
Kathy in IA

GrannieEv said...

Great to hear that you're making it so well. I know you'll be glad to get back home.

Miss Em said...

Leslie,

Good to hear that the first thirteen went so well, even if you are tired as He**.
5 hours won't seem that much.

SAFE JOURNEY.

Miss Em

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post....
Glad Kevin is doing so well.
Do you ever download books to listen to on long trips? It makes the time go by....

Be safe,
Anita

Judy Beeksma said...

By the time I write this,I hope you are home safe and sound!!! That would be wonderful if you are able to get some time to yourself over the next months. It will be like medicine for your soul!!!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you didn't have to do the whole trip in one day! I've been praying for your safety as you travel and it's good to hear that Kevin is doing well without you. Hope you can get some rest when you get home. Take care.