Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 713 - May 12, 2010

Today I finally broke down and allowed Kevin to purchase a new cell phone. He has wanted one for months and I just kept stalling because...really...how much does he use it, right? (other than to call me - that's constant)

When I got his phone over a year ago, I did only get the freebie one because I wasn't sure if he would even know how to use it. I was wrong on that one and I thought to myself today - why not? Sometimes when he has to figure something out, it's like more neurons finding new pathways, so he got himself one of those backflip phones and he has been running around taking pictures and videos all night. He is just so excited. Typical guy with a new toy, eh? LOL.

And today we actually left the house twice! A first since he has been out of the hospital.

I had to go to the orthodontist early this afternoon and I took Kevin with me. He did super well and everyone was so excited to meet him. I had first seen this ortho back when Kevin was in a coma. They have followed his progress so I was really glad they did get to meet him.

And then tonight he kept asking to go to the phone store so I caved. So far he has figured it all out on his own so I'm glad I took him. And to me - every little thing that makes him act like a normal 21 year old is a good thing!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You are the best mom in the world!

Miss Em said...

Hello Leslie and Kevin,

One more intrest that gets him moving is one more step to having him moving in the right direction.

YEA!!!!!!!!

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

GrannieEv said...

Awesome.... WTG Kevin - I'll visit and he can show me how to use mine!

karen said...

way to fire up those brain cells!

Jessica said...

Too funny about Kevin and his phone. Those things aren't always easy to figure out, so kudos to him!


Thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers!