Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 712 - May 11, 2010

I realized tonight that it had been 4 days since Kevin had gotten out of the house so I loaded him up and we went to Sonic for ice cream after dinner (maybe 3 miles away). I medicated him pretty heavily before we left so we did make it with no problems and we were able to sit there and eat for about 15 minutes before Kevin's head started hurting, meaning we needed to get back home.

After we were home for a while I needed to shave him so I lathered him all up and took my first swipe with the razor and didn't he grab his neck and start screaming! I was so panicked thinking I cut him and I was screaming 'let me see! let me see!' and I was trying to move his hand away from his neck and he flippin' burst out laughing. The little shit. I was scared to death, I tell you! I think he's been watching too much Family Guy. He has such a twisted sense of humor.

And I have been hitting the audit pretty hard because I need to have it filed within the next 11 days. I am running out of time, but it's just not easy because Kevin always requires my attention. I am close to being done though, so maybe tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny! hahahaha! I'm glad you were able to get out for a little while too. Icecream sounds good! :)
Good luck with your audit.
Have a great day!
Kathy in IA

karen said...

ha ha ha! That's the thanks you get for giving him drugs AND feeding him ice cream!!! thanks for the laugh as I am frozen to the hilt myself today (dreadful root canal started) and going to be doing my own little pain thing for the next week ... I'll be thinking about Kevin and how "easy" it is comparatively when mine is finite. Thanks for sharing a laugh. I'd strangle him if I were you.

Miss Em said...

Hello Leslie and Kevin,

Well, did you finish the shaving?? Or is he wearing an 'under the chin' Mohawk? ;D snicker, snicker

Ice Cream always sounds good, especially when its a just because.

Fingers crossed on the audit. I hate doing the books but with a very small business I am the bookkeeper. ugh!! ;(

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Long-time RN said...

Now that's a gotcha moment!! What a sense of humor there, Kevin!

The audit sounds tedious. Gotta be tough to complete with numerous interruptions.