Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 705 - May 4, 2010

We had a much better day today. Kevin got up and around and we went to this new grocery store that we just found. It was huge and had all kinds of things that I have never seen before. We were probably there about an hour and a half and Kevin did pretty well. He (of course) stayed in the electronics department and I was gaga in the pasta aisle. Has anybody ever heard of chocolate pasta? Yep! I couldn't believe it. I bought some to make dessert over the weekend so I'll let you know how it tastes.

He was hurting when we got home so he did lay down for a bit, but then he got back up and actually managed to sit at the table and play a game of Skipbo with Breezy and I. He also ate dinner with us, which was really amazing.

After dinner we all called Moe and sang Happy Birthday and then Kevin just went to his room, Breezy did the dishes and I actually talked to Moe for a long while.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. I always like it when Kevin gets up and does thing with me/us. And he is really hooked on Skipbo right now - which is great. Anything to make him think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear that you had a nice day! The new grocery store sounds like a fun place to shop! :)
Well, you have yet another normal activity at the store too! I'm always in the food section and our son heads to the electronics! hahaha! :) I'm so glad he is interested in both the electronics and Skipbo. Some things to take him away from everything for a little while.
Hope today is just as good! :)
Happy Birthday Moe!
Kathy in IA

Kris said...

So glad you had a good day! Sounds like a great grocery store, I'm one of those geeks who LOVES to shop in grocery stores. Put me in a clothes store and I'm lost. I can't eat clothes :) Chocolate pasta...hmmm.. how could that be bad!?

There are always thoughts, prayers, support and loads of extra special Angel Hugs on their way to you all!

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

So nice for you to be able to spend time just being together...shopping, eating and playing. Hoping you keep getting more days like this one

Lisa D in Cali

Jessica said...

Glad to hear that Kevin had a better day and was able to get out of the house. I've heard of chocolate pasta but I can't imagine what you would eat with it? I'll be interested to hear what you do with it and if it tastes good!

I agree it's great that Kevin is hooked on Skipbo! Games are such a great way to work the brain.

Thinking of you all and praying for you always! Take care.