Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 723 - May 22, 2010

We had a pretty good day today. We didn't do much, but Breezy and Chris came over for dinner and we all played a long game of UNO. It was just one of those kinda relaxing days.

Due to an uneventful day, I am just going to answer some more questions.

Sue - my parents are doing well. My sister told me that Dad is having more pain in his hip area, but I guess that's to be expected. He goes back to see the Oncologist in early June so hopefully they get the chemo rolling soon. It's been six months since his last treatment ended and they need to get it going (in my eyes anyway).

Karen, you had mentioned a while back about how the body will cause pain just to get the painkillers. So true. One thing about Kevin though is that he despises taking the oxy. He always turns it away asking for Tylenol, but he can only have so much of the tylenol in a day and at times I have no choice but to give him the oxys. We did take him down to Vicodin (sp) last week, but they didn't touch the pain. I know that he needs to be detoxed, but I am waiting until after all the surgeries are done as there's no sense taking the drugs away only to give them back with each surgery.

Miss Em - you mentioned about Kevin sleeping low in the bed being the same as him being in the 'fox hole'. That is something I would never have thought of. And I'm standing here cracking the whip to get you into your craft room! LOL.

Janna - I am so sorry that you had to go through that with Zach and with his twin. I am curious if he will need future surgeries as he grows older? Or does the skin grow with him? Also, please don't feel you have to answer - I know these are personal questions and I don't want to overstep a boundary.

Paul Pomeroy - LOVE the Light Through the Veins! I googled it and caught it on YouTube. You can honestly just feel it running through your body! Thanks for that!

Here's a link if anyone wants to hear it!

Justin G - I showed Kevin the picture and he knew exactly who you were. It took him a bit - I could literally see him thinking - but it did click eventually. He was pretty excited to 'see' you! I hope we get to see you soon!

Ok, it's off to bed for me...

3 comments:

Miss Em said...

Hi Leslie,

Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed a fun and quiet day/evening.

Thumbs up for Kevin remembering a friend who he hasn't seen in a long time.

Thanks for "cracking the whip" but after cleaning a client 6,000 sq. ft. house in 6-1/2 hours yesterday, Saturday, for a special graduation celebration this "OLD" body is aching today,Sunday ... AND ...
I just discovered I took the last of the Asprins last night. Trip to the Drug Store in order to get ready for work Monday.

Here's hoping your Sunday is a fantastic one.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

karen said...

I totally understand how you/he feels about the drugs. I worry about what I take, and it is not as much or as varied as Kevin takes, for the headaches I get every few weeks. Lately, they have been about 4 days long, make me want to curl up in a ball, and not move. Not breathe actually. The over-the-counter stuff has been doing nothing for them, they end when they end regardless of what I take. I would curl up in a ball, except that my kids are 3, 5 and 7! (I'm sure you know how that is ...)

But the toxicity of any of this stuff is a worry that has to be balanced against the pain itself, and the ability of the drugs to address the pain. I get all optimistic and take the drugs, even though I know they are not going to relieve things. Really, I should stop, but I'm a glass half-full kinda gal. What can I say?!'

Hope you guys have a smooth week and that you get the scrapbook room to your liking. I'm off to the garden to dump some dirt.

Jessica said...

Good to hear that your parents are doing well. I hope your dad is able to begin chemo again soon.

That's too bad about Kevin's bed hurting his back. Is this the bed that's too short for him? I hope they get it sorted out soon so he can get a good night's sleep (and you, too.) I think it's great that Kevin is listening to classical music! What brought on the change?

I'm thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers! Take care.