Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 694 - Apr 23, 2010

We tried to go to the movies again today, but Kevin got too sick about a mile from the apartment so we just turned around and came home. Kevin lay down for a while and then was able to get up and we headed out to Subway because he was 'in dire need of' a sub. It really amazes me that he doesn't look like a sub by now, lol. He is really quite addicted to Subway.

One good thing is that he allowed me to drive around looking for one. We knew there was one about 5 miles in one direction, but we really hadn't driven much in the other direction. So we did drive around for a little while and we finally found one.

I really do need to just get out there and drive, but unfortunately Kevin can't handle being out and about long. I am told we are finally getting an aide to help me out, but from what I understand it's only for 6 hours a week. That's not going to really give me much time to do anything, but it's going to have to do for now.

And to those that let me know about the caregivers bill passing, thank you! Tom asked how I feel about it and the word that came to immediate mind was 'RELIEF'!! I sure hope the President signs that baby and fast! I just want to get this thumb looked at, although I'm sure it's too late to fix it completely. I also can't complain about having an income either. It will be nice not to have to lay awake worrying about the financial future.

And Anita - yes, we knew that a Toy Story 3 was in the making. Kevin can't wait for it to come to the theater. And we were headed to see How To Train Your Dragon today - glad you liked it. Oh - and we always go to do everything at 'off' times. There would be no way during any of the normal busy times. Not for movies, restaurants, or anything else.

And to Barbara Burke - thanks for letting me know about being able to call 911 when the elevator is down. I hope we don't ever need to do it, but at least I have the knowledge if it ever is necessary.

And now I need to end this thing. There is a howling wind out there and there are tornado warnings so I better post quickly just in case...

No comments: