Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 673 - Apr 2, 2010

Kevin is doing much better - better than he has in weeks, truth be told. He got up and walked around a lot today and he didn't need any pain meds until 5pm - that in itself is miraculous! He doesn't seem to be as dizzy and he was barely nauseous today so that was pretty wonderful too. I am thinking that maybe the acupuncture combined with the two new meds he's on (one for the vertigo and one that has been found to help with PTSD) may just have done the trick. We'll see...I so hope he's just as good (or even better) tomorrow. I would really like to get him over to the FH for a bit.

And tomorrow I have to go early in the morning to get the keys to the apartment. It's times like this that I wish I had help. It's going to be really rough having to carry everything from the car up to the apartment myself. Thank goodness there's an elevator, but it's still going to be a lot of work - many, many trips over the next week. I have to go shopping every night after leaving the hospital too to buy everything we need. Have I ever told you that I absolutely HATE shopping? Kevin loves it, but I despise it. I sure wish he could do that part of it, lol.

Oh well, it's necessary and there's no sense whining about it, I guess. And I have to admit to looking forward to being in one place for a long while - I just wish it could have been where my parents are. They are discussing coming for a visit once dad feels well enough and gets through another round of chemo. It'll be a little while for sure though...

7 comments:

karen said...

That is good news! I would do the shopping for you (even though I too despise shopping), and the carrying from your car and lugging up stairs, except I am rather far away and tethered to three small ones myself. I can't wait for you to be settled in so that you can breathe. Silly, isn't it?

Lori said...

Hi leslie. It's Ronnies mom Lori
I just got a new lap top and am able to get online once again. I have been reading the blog daily.
I am so sorry to hear that you have to be in Texas for awhile. It aches my heart to know all kevin has been going through. I Pray for you guys all the time. Praying that things will get better soon.
I will be praying for your dad also. We love u guys

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved that they found the problem. I thought of you all day yesterday. As always, our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Melissa Ion

Anonymous said...

So glad that Kevin is better! Wonderful news!!!! :) I wish I was closer to you, I would love to help move/shop.
Again, I'm so glad Kevin is doing better. Have a great weekend! :)
Kathy in IA

Long-time RN said...

Yahoo, progress!

So sorry you've got to be away from your folks at this time. Hope they can visit Texas in the future. Hang tough and best in getting settled into your new/temporary place.

Anonymous said...

What great news that Kevin is progressing so well!
A.

Gretchen said...

Oh Les, I so wish I could come help you. Sometime soon I'm going to figure out a way to come visit. Miss you!!