Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 684 - Apr 13, 2010

Unbelievable! Kevin did fantastic today on the drive to the apartment!!! I was so scared because when I got to the hospital he was so sick. He was sitting in the dark with his puke bowl on his stomach and I was so sure we weren't going. But we gave him some under-the-tongue nausea medication and within a half hour he was raring to go.

So we loaded him up and away we went. Before we left, we also gave him some anti-vertigo meds and some pain pills and he had no issues whatsoever. I have to admit that I was really surprised.

And another thing that really surprised me is that the TBI doctor and therapists from the VA here in SA are going to make a house call on Thursday. Yep - they are coming to our home to visit with Kevin and get to see what he's like in his own environment. They wanted to originally keep us in the hospital another day and meet us there, but they changed their minds and felt it would be best to see him at home.

I am also happy to say that the bed and rails were brought over and installed today. Kevin was not too happy to see the hospital bed in his room, but he must sleep with his head elevated so it's something he will have to adjust to. I don't think he remembers that it hurt him to lay in the normal bed at the FH.

So tomorrow - we get to go home! Yay!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great day! Also that everything is working out so nicely! Hope it continues!
Kathy in IA

Miss Em said...

Hello Leslie,

Yea!! Home cookin for Kevin.
Quiet days and nights to do some healin.

Its not the home in FLA. but its better than the hospital or a noisy FH. Enjoy as best as you can.

Miss Em

Lori said...

We are so glad to hear that you guys get to go to the apartment. Praying for you guys.
LORI

karen said...

Can you hear our cheers in Vancouver for you guys?

Lorraine said...

Hope the adjustment goes well for you both, you soooo deserve it. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that Kevin does well in the coming months.
Lorraine, Rick and Howie (the new duck) will get pictures to ya