Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 681 - Apr 10, 2010

We did have a nice dinner tonight. Breezy and Chris came over and we got Kevin over to the FH. It was made even better because no one was around at all so it was ultra quiet. It was just a nice couple of hours.

Unfortunately, Kevin got sick afterward and vomited everything all back up. I wish this nausea/vomiting thing would go away. It's so hard to watch him constantly go through it. Even if we could get back to where it was just once every couple of weeks or so, that would be good.

And I'm still really worried about him handling the drive to the apt. We are anticipating a Wed discharge and I'm just not sure. There's no bed yet either, so he may be in the hospital longer.

And now I'm going to leave you with a somewhat blurry photo that was taken today while we were all hanging out in the waiting room. Obviously it's Kev, Joel and Maritza in the middle and the volunteer Alicia, who considers herself Kevin's 'Mexican Grandma' and her granddaughter on the ends. Kevin is only able to visit for about 5 minutes before he gets overstimulated, but he always has so much fun with Maritza and Joel. Alicia is a bonus too. So anyway, here it is:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Poor Kevin! Throwing up is the worst. I can't imagine going through that so often. I was really hoping the acupuncture would be the answer to that so he could be on one less drug. At least it seems as though the antidepressant is helping again.

Glad you got a good night of sleep! It sure does wonders. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.