Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 675 - Apr 4, 2010

I hope everyone had a great Easter! I did end up cooking a little ham I bought for dinner and Kevin and I ate in solitude. There was no one at the FH today, which was much needed after the night we had last night.

Kevin ended up needing another PICC line inserted - even though he has a blood infection. They tried 15 times to get an IV in and to get blood. Sonar was used, even anesthesiology tried - no one can get anything. It's not due to dehydration (Kevin probably drinks more than any of us out there), it's due to medications and just over-use. His veins have probably been poked a thousand times in the last two years. So out of desperation that is what they had to do - reinsert it.

They called me back to the hospital to do this at 2:30 this morning (I was still at Walmart) and they didn't end up actually doing the procedure until until almost 3:00 this afternoon. I guess no one wanted to come in on a holiday? So I have to ask - why did I have to sit there for 12 hours waiting to sign consent forms? Yep - I have to admit that it made me mad. Honestly, I could have cared less if someone didn't want to come in until the afternoon - just don't make it where I get no sleep while waiting to sign forms because it's just so important that I come 'right now'.

Oh well, what's done is done, but this is the second night this week that I got not one wink of sleep. I am just so tired. Truthfully, I should be at Walmart finishing the shopping that I cut short last night and then unloading at the apartment. I also need to wash all the new dishes, pots & pans, silverware, etc, but frankly - I am just too dang tired to drive anywhere tonight.

So on this grumpy note - I am going to bed.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Still out here praying for you and your strength Leslie! Glad you got to have at least a small amount of downtime yesterday. Saying extra prayers all goes well with this picc line... God bless you and hope this week brings you some amount of much needed rest.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

I am keeping you and your family in prayer! Laura RL

Long-time RN said...

Not enough hours in the day. Thoughts and prayers; hope the picc line is in place.