Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 680 - Apr 9, 2010

Kevin is doing a bit better. I think it's in part because we are fixing his anti-depressants. Somehow the dosage got changed and we are working on getting it back up to to what he normally took. I attribute the reduction into causing him to be impossible to be around and into his feeling absolutely horrible. I have been so worried because I could see him sliding backward to where he was last summer/fall.

If you remember then, that was when he was running away and although I never mentioned it on the blog, he became suicidal after a while. I could see him heading back to that time and I have been a nervous wreck.

But he's doing better anyway. We still have to increase one more time and then we will be back to where we were. I am hoping the increase happens tomorrow because I know they take a while to fully work and so far he still has no desire to 'go home' to the apartment. He really wants to just stay in the hospital until the plate is put back in his head.

And today I finally made it to Pac-Sun to get the kid some new clothes. I got like 8 hours of sleep last night and hit the mall before heading back to the hospital. There is a mall just 4 miles or so from the apartment (I slept there on the couch last night - HEAVEN!). So anyway, he now has some jeans that fit better and I am proud to say that I picked more clothes that he liked than he didn't, lol.

Ok, now I need to get some bills paid and then head to bed. I already made stuffed pork chops that I am going to bake tomorrow for dinner at the FH. Hopefully I can get Kevin to come over to eat...

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hope you got to enjoy a nice meal at the house, and that these meds work out to continue to improve Kevin's mood!