You would all be so proud of Kevin today. And Breezy too!
We went early this afternoon to his neurosurgery appointment and before we even got to go in, Breezy called just sobbing from the hotel. She was in excruciating pain, and we had no idea why.
Kev and I quickly left the hospital, but before we even got to the car Breezy was having trouble breathing. I had her call the front desk and get an ambulance and we sped back downtown from the hospital. We pulled in at the same time as the paramedics and quickly went upstairs.
They ran vitals on her and they were all fine so after discussing it, we decided that I could just drive her to a hospital instead of taking the ambulance. We just don't have insurance anymore and it's just so expensive to take that little ride.
So we got to the hospital and ended up waiting for about 4 hours until she could finally go back in to see a doctor. She lay on the bathroom floor the whole time because she was continually vomiting from the pain. I ran back and forth from the bathroom with Breezy in it to Kevin in the waiting room like a chicken with my head cut off.
We did finally get in though and after running all of the tests it was found that she has a kidney infection and a kidney stone.
She did so well, but she swears she is never having kids if this is what it feels like. We shall see, huh? LOL.
And Kevin did a fantastic job too. We were there just shy of 8 hours and Kevin sat there the whole time. He got restless a couple of times, but I just walked with him some. I did have to leave Breezy for a short while at about 7pm though because none of us had eaten yet and Kevin was starving. But then we returned and Kevin just sat there real quietly. Thank goodness I grabbed his Zune (although I have to remember next time to grab the charger too).
So our day really didn't turn out like I thought it would. I wanted to talk to the neurosurgeon and come up with a plan because we just can't keep staying here. My dad has cancer and I want to get back home to be with him and my mom.
I did manage to talk to the surgeon though on the phone this evening and we have sorta turned the drain off and now we are going to see if his glands may kick in and start working. If they don't - then we need to figure something out as the fluid is still coming at a rate of about 30ml in a day. It hasn't lessened at all in all of these weeks.
What to do...what to do...
And now I am going to go and just sit here for a bit. Kevin was nauseous most of the night and morning so we didn't get much sleep last night. I can't believe he is still awake in his room...
First 2 from the Nov kit!
6 months ago