Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 501 - Oct 12, 2009

I don't really have much to say tonight so I am going to just touch on two questions/posts in the comments from the last few days.

Anonymous - I read the story on CNN of the woman born with half a brain (thanks for mentioning it). Amazing, huh? I was told sometime over the last year and a half that age matters when it comes to rewiring the brain and this just proves it. Her brain has been rewiring since birth and look how far she has come. Kevin was wounded at 19 and he has come a long way too and he still has many more years of healing in him. If anyone wants to read the story CLICK HERE.

To the other anonymous poster that asked if we were still planning to renovate the video store - we put that on the back burner for a bit. I was told it would be like $30,000 and I just can't see spending that kind of money. I do want to look into it further someday down the road and see if it really will cost that much, but we need to get things more stable first.

And other than that, I honestly don't have much to say tonight. We did go to a store to buy some 'fall' type clothing as it's a little cold here, but Kevin got so over-stimulated that we really just came back to the hotel. I don't remember it ever being cold here, but apparently it can be. Because we thought we would only be here a week or two, we only brought summer clothes - shorts and flip flops - so we all need to pick up some pants and at least a jacket.

And that's it. I am going to head to bed early tonight.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Good Morning,
This is just a thought if you are there for awhile longer maybe have your family send you some clothes it would be cheaper then buying. Tell the kids hi and hope today is a good one.
Take Care! God Bless!!
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

I saw that great article this morning and I was thinking of you and Kevin...
A.