Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 499 - Oct 10, 2009

We left the hospital today. Kevin got up this morning and took a shower and felt better so we decided to discharge. It was late afternoon by then, but we got around and went to the hotel.

I don't know how I missed it last night, but when all the lights were on, I realized this one wasn't much better than the first. The room even smelled like cat pee today and I honestly didn't notice that last night.

So I got on the horn and we found yet another hotel and this one is beautiful. It's an Army hotel, but it is only 2 years old so I figured it can't be that disgusting, right? Right. This one is REALLY nice. It doesn't have an oven though, but at least there is a stove top so we can cook some things.

Now we just need to get out and drive around downtown San Antonio to familiarize ourselves with the area. We have been down here before, but only on occasion so I can't just find my way around yet.

And I am really excited to report that Pam (our most favoritest therapist) worked Kevin's arm today and it was about 90% straight for a bit! Since he had Botox, we need to really kick up therapy a notch to make a difference. If Kevin would work his arm even on his own some more it could really help. He does do it often, but I'm going to try to get him to hold it some while watching tv or at times like that.

Oh and if y'all don't mind - can you keep my friend Janet's son in your thoughts for a bit too? He is also here and had surgery yesterday. His name is Matt.

And now I am going to sign off and just lay here and do nothing. Kevin is watching a movie so I may get a few minutes of quiet time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ask and you shall receive. It seems as though the good forces are listening. Did you ever get the architect you were asking for to remodel your old video store for Kevin to stay in more comforting conditions when he visits East Brady ? Let us hope and pray Kevin continues to improve and be thankful you are in accepting conditions for his wellness.