Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 489 - Sep 30, 2009

We are back at the hotel tonight. Kev is still in a lot of pain, but I feel more comfortable managing it and at least here he can get some sleep. I was so upset last night because they came in at 1am and woke him up just to ask him his pain level and then do an assessment. WHAT?!! He was sleeping - it was zero!

We had a decent stay at the hospital until last night and that was just it for me. The nurse we had was rude and interrupted his sleep numerous times throughout the night - even after I told her to get out. All of that caused him to be overstimulated and he was just screaming intermittently by daybreak.

I should mention that we weren't in the burn ward this time as it was full and I believe that is why we had a problem. The burn ward knows us well and works with us to ensure Kevin is well taken care of.

And now I am heading to bed. We are both just so tired from no sleep last night and I keep nodding off when my fingers stop typing for a minute, lol.

I know I have a bunch of questions/comments to address and I will try to get to them tomorrow night. I am just too tired tonight...

3 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Ugh, rough night. Hope you and Kevin got some quality sleep. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

Kris said...

Good grief. I hope you all were able to get at least a decent night's sleep last night and have had a better day today. Praying so hard that things could just go smoothly for you for once! Also praying for your strength and courage to continue and tackle each day. God bless you Leslie, extra loads of extra special Angel Hugs are on their way to you right now.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Jessica said...

I hope your night at the hotel is better than the hospital! I'm so sorry that Kevin has to endure mean nurses on top of all the pain he's going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you, as always. Take care.