Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 518 - Oct 29, 2009

I am not going to write much tonight because Moe is leaving early tomorrow morning and I want to spend the most time I can with her as it will be a while before we get to see her again.

We had a great week though and an excellent day. Today we went first to a Chinese Garden and then to the wax museum. I took over 300 pictures today and I think we all had such a good time - even Kevin. (and we know a garden isn't his cup of tea, but he loves to ham it up for the camera, lol) This place is utterly gorgeous and if anyone has the chance to visit - you should do so.

So here are some of the photos from today:










I am so excited to have all of these pictures to scrapbook. I so rarely get any of Breezy, but we made up for it today.

Ok, I am signing off for tonight. But before I do - I never thought about you guys adding to Kevin's new shotglass collection - I think he would be so excited to get some in the mail from places he's never been (or maybe will never go to). I'll bet he just smiles like a madman when he gets the mail once we get home. Thanks everyone for a great idea. I think it will make one young man very happy!

8 comments:

Kris said...

AWESOME PICS!!! So glad you had such a great time this week with your bud - can't imagine how much you needed that! Great idea with the shot glasses!!! I will be sure to send some his way! God bless you all and here's to a great weekend.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Love Kev with Oprah. What memories were made and gotta love the camera Gods for saving them.

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
It's good to see that you all had a good time. My gosh does Kevin look good! My favorite with with Rocky.
Keep up the good work you are doing an awesome job.

Tracey from Pgh. said...

I love the picture with Kevin and Oprah. That's so hilarious! It looks like he's having a real conversation with her. Glad you all had fun. Too bad Moe couldn't spend more time there. It would boost everyone's mood tremendously. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I agree with others. The Oprah picture is my great. I burst out laughing!

But my favorite is the one with you in the stone grotto - looking bench. Your face up to the sun. It just looks as though for one moment you were able to feel normal, happy, and carefree.

And I love the idea of the shot glasses, as well.

I am so glad you have had a chance to be with friends and have happiness.

Lots of love prayers and hugs always.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps one day Kevin, you and Breezy will be telling Kevin's story to the real Oprah! Michelle Long

Long-time RN said...

Ah, the Kevin/Oprah photo is hilarious! Great posing there, Kevin!

We'll find some interesting shot glasses for the collection.

Have a good weekend.

Jessica said...

Those are some great pics and I'm glad Kevin felt up to going out. He looks so good and I love the pic of him punching himself out. LOL! What a ham! The best part is that he remembered what it was all about and made that connection.

I was glad to read that you won't have to make a decision yet about Kevin's plate. Does this mean you'll be in Texas for at least four more weeks? That sucks. (Well, the whole situation sucks, but you know what I mean.)

I'll keep praying and keeping you all in my thoughts. There's still time for a miracle! Take care.