Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 500 - Oct 11, 2009

Day 500. Wow. Sounds like a lifetime. Feels like a lifetime.

It's just so hard to believe that we have been at this 500 days. Man, it makes me tired when I think about it like that. So I guess I just won't think about it...

Anyway, we didn't do much at all today. I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things and the kids stayed here. I also did laundry. Isn't that exciting? LOL.

And honestly - that's it. Kevin is starting to feel better, but I noticed that when his drain clogs, he starts to hurt. I keep 'pushing' the blood through as it's needed now that I figured it out. This isn't a very clear picture of what I am doing, but I really don't know how to explain it. I just need to keep a better eye on that drain so that I push the blood through before it's clogged too long.

And now I am signing off for the night. Kevin is still awake, watching Adult Swim (?) so I am going to (hopefully) get an episode of Project Runway in.

4 comments:

Alison said...

500 days is quite a long time...especially with all the trials and troubles you've had to go through thus far.

Then of course, you look at it as just about a year and a half and see how far Kevin has come...and 500 days seems like a flash. He has made so many steps and strides in the right direction in such a short period of time...amazing.

I'm glad that you've figured out a way to help keep him in less pain by clearing out the drain -- and praying that every time you clear it out, it's clearing out that infection and those germs causing it.

Laundry and grocery shopping can be exciting. I spent today doing laundry (and watching baseball on TV) too.

Hoping and praying that things continue to look up for the next 500 days and beyond...can't wait to see more improvement and progress. :)

Long-time RN said...

Great news Kevin is feeling a little better. Good work with the drain. Hope each day brings progress and healing.

Jessica said...

Praise God that Kevin is feeling better! That's neat, too, that his favorite therapist is working on his arm. It sure makes a difference when the person is a friend.

Glad you found a clean place to stay, finally! I'm thinking of you all and am praying the MRSA is killed off quickly. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Tonights top CNN news story tells of a 27 year old woman living with half a brain. She is doing quite well. The article tells of how this has all come about. I thought it would be of interest to you and a very hopeful thing to read in dealing with Kevin's brain issues. The article is titled: BORN WITH HALF A BRAIN, WOMAN LIVING FULL LIFE. Her name is Michelle Mack. I hope if you look, you find it helpful.