Saturday, June 7, 2008

From Stef

Kevin's buddy Daniel was the other survivor in the Humvee with him when this happened. I won't go into detail about Dan as it's their private business, but Dan's fiancee (sp) Stef made this graphic for the boys. It's so peaceful and hopeful and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. As an FYI - Kev is on the left in the black beret.



As for an update on Kev - nothing new since this afternoon. I am hoping we are able to talk to him tomorrow, but we will see.

I just want to take a quick moment and say a public "Thank You" to my daughter. Brianna has been the rock that I have been leaning on. She will be the first one to tell you that she is a baby and that she doesn't handle things well. Well, let me tell you, she has been amazing. When I passed out the first day - she was able to stay in that room and talk to Kev. She always comes in to see him about 20 mins after I do and stays after I leave (until her father goes in). I am incredibly proud of her and it just goes to show what wonderful kids I have. And I can honestly say, that although this is most definitely the worst time in our lives, the three of us are family and families stick together. We tell Kev constantly that we aren't leaving Texas until he is sitting on that plane with us - even though this means that both Breeze and I will probably be losing our jobs. Who cares though, right? It's all about family!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im at a loss for words right now...

I wish I could be down there with you all through all of this and its been effecting me deeply since I heard of his accident, kevins my best friend and I dont know what I would do without him I can only hope things keep getting better and that he and yourselves pull through this.

If there is anything I can do for you guys within my power I will do it in an instant my cell is 724 712 3846 Im just a call away.

And I am also working on a way to raise a little bit of money to help you guys out at the moment we will see how it works out.

Evan

Anonymous said...

i love kevin. hes like a brother to me. after reading all this i cant help but cry. i dont care if that is odd i been cryin and tearing up since i read this and it sucks cause i cant do anything to help him. i didnt get to see him last time he visited and its killing me. if i were allowed to se him in the hospital i would come down and see my friend. im sorry guys that this had to happen to such a great kid. ill be praying for him. if you guys read this, tell him i love the kid and i better get to see his face again...

724 516 6015

-Grant Grdunac

Anonymous said...

am sending a prayer request for your son to Lakeland, Florida. The website is www.freshfire.ca

Gods blessing to all..

Anonymous said...

hey Leslie, i am so sorry to hear what happened..my daughter just told me the other day. If there is anything i can do to help, in any way, send you anything, help put something together to raise money, i mean anything please let me know. my number is 724-525-4050

Sandra (from East Brady, bradys bend)

Anonymous said...

Leslie

I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. Your family is in my prayers. One day at a time will get you where you need to be. Stay strong girl.

Kathy Switlick Senior

Catherine said...

What a beautiful graphic she created for them. I've been thinking of you so much, sending my prayers your way. xox.

Maddy said...

Oh Les, I wish I was there to give you a big fat hug. My heart aches for you, Kevin and Breezy. I'm so glad you're all together though.

Know that I love you and am thinking of you and sending huge prayers for strength! Sure sounds like Kev's a fighter - stay strong!
Love you,
Maddy

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thinking of you Les.. constantly!
I'm here for you , if there is anything I can do. just call!
Love ya! Vic

Anonymous said...

hey les,

i dont know if you remember me or not but this is sandra williams daughter tiffany. i just wanted to let you know that im so sorry about whats happening and that if you need anything please call me 724-469-1670

i know kev will pull through :]

Anonymous said...

I can't quit reading your daily updates, I don't know you or your family, but I am definitely praying for all of you. Kevin is definitely fighting with all he has to survive this attack. The strength you and your daughter are displaying amazes me. I am a nurse, but I also have a son and I don't know if I could be as strong as you are. Keep tough!!