Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 25 - June 25, 2008

I would hazard a guess that it will come as no surprise to anyone that the spinal tap was not done today either. Kev's blood still didn't thicken enough - even with frozen plasma being infused into him. So they have decided to leave him off of the blood thinner overnight and check him at 4am. I think it may actually happen tomorrow. I sure hope so anyway. I am a little concerned about them putting him into the fetal position for it though. I just can't imagine how painful that will be for him. I hope they give him something for pain beforehand...

Kevin now has thrush as well. If I am not mistaken - that is basically a yeast infection located in the mouth and the back of the throat. His poor tongue is white and he has all kind of dried 'stuff' in his mouth and throat. They are medicating him so that he doesn't get it in his stomach. Keep your fingers crossed on this one and also he has another respiratory infection. Keep your fingers crossed on that as well.

Not really much else happened today. It was pretty uneventful.

I was kinda hoping I could sorta ask a favor of everyone? Kevin's birthday is July 6 (Breezy's is July 2 - 4 years and 4 days apart) and I was thinking it would be really nice for him if we could get a few birthday cards sent so that we can read them to him. He might not know on that day (but then again he might!) so would a few of you mind sending a card? You can just send it to him c/o me at my address on the right side of this post. If it's an imposition - don't worry about it. I just thought it might be nice for him.

Ok - I am going to sign off and go watch a movie with my daughter and my nephew. They have been waiting for an hour now for me to finish posting. I am just so slow sometimes.

Take care, everyone!

11 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

I would so love to send cards!!

Anonymous said...

hey les... I just wanted you to know I love you!! The 3 of you are in my thoughts & prayers everyday.
Billie Jo

Anonymous said...

Talk with God, Leslie. Talk with him about your baby. I'm sure you do every minute..but talk some more.

We care so much about you all..but Kevin needs more than care right now. He needs as much prayer as he can get.

We will certainly be sending some birthday cards. That's very little to ask.

May God give you all comfort and peace. May HE wrap his arms around you and be with you more than ever in these very trying times.

There's not a minute that goes by that you are not on the minds of thousands of people each and every single day. That's got to count for something.

Hang in there. You are an amazing woman and Brianna is an unbelievably strong young woman. We always knew her being a chatterbox would come in handy one day. Look at the company she is keeping her brother right now. :)

Goodnight.

Melissa said...

Leslie,

There will be a card in the mail for Kevin tomorrow. Would Brianna like a b-day card too!?

Anonymous said...

Leslie In case you forgot I am Wayne Harris's mom. He and Kev are best friends. He graduates from the Marines on July 3rd. I tried to keep this from him but he found out from Arien. He is devistated. Kev and him are like brothers. He is praying for him daily as am I. Always rely on the strength Jesus will give you. Can you do me a favor. Can you give Kev a hug from Wayne and tell him he loves him. It is a inside joke Kevin will know what it means, but Kev will know he means it. Leslie Kevin is in Gods hands TRUST HIM even though we don't always understand His will.
Becky

Anonymous said...

The Post Office is gonna love you!!
I have a strong feeling you are gonna get a ton of cards. Leslie, you are an incredible woman. I am constantly holding you up in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and get ready for the mail truck!
Peg McElravy

Anonymous said...

Leslie, Cards are on the way honey along with lots of prayers for the three of you and one thing that you can always count on it Gods love and lots of it. Love ya Les. Pam Moore

Sharon said...

Leslie - So bummed to hear about the delay on the spinal tap (again) and the thrush! What are they treating the thrush with? It's very common with babies, so I've got a little experience (: We ended up using gentian violet, which turns everything purple, but it works! Just think of the pics you could tease him with!

I am more than happy to send cards for Kev and Breezy! We'll keep the Post Office in business! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie:

I'm with the Soldiers Angels group and I put your name out to our team on Monday I didn't know about the birthday but we have well wishes on the way!

elaine baker
Soldiers Angels - Wounded TLC Team

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I am from Clarion. My son was in a skiing accident in Aspen Co. He suffered a severe Traumatic Brain Injury. I don't want to say I know what you are going through because I hated when people tried to compare their stories to mine. I do want to say however, I do know what it is like to be away from home with a child living day to day. I know what you are going thru is very very difficult. My pastor once told me "give thanks always for the small things...always giving thanks tho". I don't remember much from that difficult time but I do know that you must trust God with everything. I remember actually in my mind fighting with God to save Micah's life. Another person told me not to fight God's will but it was my son I was fighting for. Please don't give up hope...give thanks for every second God chooses to leave Kevin here with you. It is a very difficult road but don't ever give up! If you want to talk feel free to email me.
You are in my prayers,
Brenda A

Anonymous said...

I will have cards on the way for both of them!

Shari Goodyear