Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 7 - June 7, 2008

We aren't allowed to talk to Kevin today. We can go into his room and rub his shoulder, but we aren't allowed to speak. The docs don't want him to know we are there because they don't want him getting excited or worked up at all with the brain tube in place. It could cause too much pressure for him.

So I just threw a load of laundry in (it's either that or I am going to the hosp naked tomorrow) and figured I would give a quick little update on here.

The orthopedic surgeon was in today and he had planned to do foot/ankle surgery on Kev on Wed, but with the brain tubes in place he is going to wait until the following week. I know he needs to have all these things done but it's all just so fast. I feel so bad for him.

Gonna head back over now. Thanks everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have you bookmarked and will glance in daily to see if there is an update. I just left you a note on your last entry and didn't see this one till that one had saved. Will still be praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and Especially Kevin. I will pray for him and for his speedy recovery. Thank-you and all the young men fighting to keep our country free! May God Be With You!
Sandy in WA State

Jami said...

Oh Leslie, I will keep you and Kevin in my thoughts and prayers. I check your blog everyday. Please let us at SM what we can do to help. HUGS.

Joan said...

Hi Les,

Keeping Kevin and you & Breezy in my prayers. I'm so glad that you have such fantastic medical personnel taking care of him, thank God for that.

Will call again in a couple of days & keep reading the blog.

Love you honey, big hugs and let me know if you need ANYTHING I can send.

Joan

Sean said...

Leslie,

Thank you for the blog, what a good idea. Kim told me about it. Hang in there - it's great Kevin responds to your voices. I hope that you may speak ti him again very soon. I have co-workers who I just met who ask about Kevin every day - so many people care.

Anonymous said...

Please know you are all in my constant thoughts and prayers. Love you Leslie. Missy said you wanted my email address. I'm going to give you my business email ad.
Sincerely Patti

(info@misspattisjustdesserts.com)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Kevins condition Leslie.
I know its hard to ask for help sometimes in situations like this but if you need anything at all, please let me know!! You have a lot of people that care a lot about you and your family.

Melanie Seppeler said...

Leslie, you are being so strong and brave! Thank you for keeping us updated!
BIG {{hugs}} to you and your family! Kevin and you (and your family) are in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Les, Breezy, You guys are being so strong and I am very proud of you. I remember Kev from baby years and he was a fighter then, he is a fighter now and I know he'll pull through this. Keep the faith and remember, there are always hurdles to overcome, but in the end things will turn out fine. "If God puts you to it, he'll get you through it."
Love you! Diana