Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 1138 - July 12, 2011

We made it. It's been a long and exhausting day, but we are finally here. I hate the fact that there are no direct flights between SA and Pittsburgh anymore because it just takes so much longer and it takes so much more work to get Kevin from one end of an airport to another to catch a connecting flight. Really, it's just so hard to do.

We also had an incident on the final flight. While getting off the plane, Kevin actually fell backward. I was behind him so I stopped the total fall (with the help of the stewardess who grabbed him from the front and pulled him back upright). He still fell most of the way though because he weighs considerably more than I do and he's much taller. He is ok though - no worries there.

He never really used to fall much, but lately it's been happening all the time. I don't know if he's got something going on or if the Bioness is making his leg act differently or what. I will have to call a doctor when we get home and see what they think. Breezy pointed out that it really could be the new brace and she could be right. It sends an electric jolt with each step (when he wears it or when he's in 'training' mode) so it could be 'awakening' his brain enough to make his leg act wonky occasionally. I just don't know.

And I want to send a huge THANK YOU to our wonderful FRC, Mary! She left a voicemail stating that we have been approved for 46 hours a week of help in the home. They are also working on the care-giving thing, but I do know that (for the most part) that is a DC thing, not a local thing.

One step at a time though, right?

Still though...I may actually get some sleep soon!!! Or maybe I can get my haircut? I have been cutting my own bangs for so long, but really need a true haircut...

2 comments:

i. said...

I'm glad that you're getting outside help, but it just blows my mind that you're eligible for double the help you were being paid for. Anybody else see the dicrepancy?! Nothing like taking advantage of the family member...

GrannieEv said...

I thought the exact same thing i. OMGosh, that's great. Now if someone could find you some bon-bons (whatever they are), you could sit around and eat them and be a true Princess!