Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 971 - Jan 25, 2011

Kevin sailed through the Botox with flying colors! I was worried there for a bit though because we had to be at the hospital by 6:30 and everyone had been taken into their surgeries and we were still sitting there at 9:30. Nobody had even talked to us yet and Kevin was getting more and more angry. At about 9:10 he decided he was leaving. He was going to find a water fountain, take his pills (which he wasn't allowed to do) and he was going home. I chased him down and told him to give me five minutes. I then went to the admin and told her if they couldn't fit us in now, we needed to reschedule. She called upstairs and they said they would be right down for us.

I'm not really sure why it took so long. We didn't need an OR. We were just taken to a room in Burns ICU and the procedure was done right there. It took 15 minutes and it's crazy that we had to come in so early just to sit there and wait.

Ack! Well, at least Kevin did give them a few minutes to come down so we did manage to get through it and he did well. They gave him just enough anesthesia to get through it and we were able to wake him up about 15 minutes after it was all done and it was only maybe an hour later until we were able to go home.

But anyway, he did well and it's over for another three months. Yay!!


Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Glad everything went good, except for having to wait so long.
Have a great day!
Kathy in IA

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

They probably forgot he was there waiting. duh. Glad everything went well.

Anonymous said...

YAY! ! ! I agree with Melody they probably forgot, Glad you got it done and over with again for awhile. Take care, Lorraine and Rick

Miss Em said...

Like everywhere else it's hurry up and wait...especially at doctor offices and hospitals...maybe its because you're a captive audience.


Miss Em

A Little Bit of Me said...

Leslie- I just want to say I have spent the past three days reading every single one of your posts since this whirlwind started for you and your family. I am astonished and honestly quite proud with how you, Kevin, Breezy and all of your family are handling it. My husband just seperated from the Marines after 4 years this past summer so the military holds a special place in my heart. I am looking forward to following your journey and praying for all of you. Just thought you should know :) Take care!

Long-time RN said...

Great reading the procedure went well and hope Kevins sees good results from the injection.